Interior wheel arch covering

In the final stages of restoring a XK140 roaster. Last year I purchased a complete interior kit. I am stumped on how the material is to cover the behind the seat wheel archs. Specifically, the small horizontal triangular shaped metal piece (shelf) that supports the hinged door when it is down is presenting a problem. The vinyl material is a flat piece and I am not sure if it is to be cut to fold underneath the little shelf or what. Everything else seems to be very straight forward except for the covering of the wheel archs and horizontal shelf. There are no directions that I can find on how to do this. Would appreciate any insight on how to approach this trim problem.

I am doing a 140 roadster at present and finished these 2 items last week.
Interestingly the “horizontal triangular shaped metal piece (shelf) that supports the hinged door” on the early 140 roadsters is only a thin metal right angle strip we covered this with vinyl first and then cut a slit in the moquette to slip over this and covered the rear wheel arch with the moquette.
I will post a pic.
Whilst doing the 140 roadster and we are working on an XK140FHC at the same time does anyone know the correct location for the SB40 relay that is used when the single relay O/D relay system is used?
Are the holes for this already drilled in the body ie are the holes in bodywork even on a non overdrive car?

Terry,

See attached picture. My SE version had these holes but I don’t know whether the Standard versions had them too. Probably not, as they would have to cover these holes for all Standard versions during assembly.
Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Bob K.

thanks for that, interestingly some holes were in XK120-150 firewalls for all uses whether used or not.
At the point of making the panel they would not have known whether manual Man O/D or Auto