Introducing Wilson - a new to us 1963 3.4 litre Mk2

Bought last week at a well known Australian auction and insurance house at their late summer auction in Melbourne. Driven home to Sydney over two days of uneventful travel. A great trip in a wonderful, well preserved old car. Sure to have many questions. Onwards to historic registration. Paul

Wow, that is so lovely!

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Mk 2 club :slight_smile:

I’m in Melbourne and spent 5 years or so doing a complete nut & bolt restoration, new interior and engine / transmission rebuild - I have a 1960 3.4L Auto.

I have 100s of photos during disassembly and re-assembly so if you some help let me know! I think I have tried every supplier, visited every expert and tried numerous overseas suppliers. And have plenty of tech data.

Happy to help.

Good luck!

Regards

Glenn

Hello Paul,
Nice car and welcome to the Forum!
Lin
http://valvechatter.us

Thanks all for the welcome and offers of help!. The car came with a early edition workshop manual and I have ordered a parts catalogue. So far I have changed many of the suspension and drive line rubbers - easiest first! I noticed a shudder on take off and have also aligned the two piece tail shaft after all the rubber work was done and the panhard rod was correctly adjusted. Torque arems look sound but expect that they would be next. The only other thing I must do for our “blue slip” registration inspection is free up the accelerator mechanism - not binding but it’s quite stiff as it is presently. Any thoughts would be very welcome. Glenn, I get to Melbourne periodically - will let you know, would love to see your car. Paul