IRS Cage mounts (on car)

Tom, if IIRC, one goes on the car, the other is attached to the IRS cage when going back in. Just did this to Dave’s car not long ago.

I couldn’t get that to work for me, I had to go back to one set on car and one off. Only way it was going to go.

1 Like

But it’s a good cardiovascular and vocabulary workout until you give up, isn’t it?

2 Likes

thanks Jack-------George and I did mine a few months ago and the hangers were on the car–all of them. No problem lining lining them up at all. You do risk buggering up the threads on the hanger though. BTW—I go over to Georges tomorrow–we will drop the IRS again, pull all hangers and weld up the torn out bolt holes that someone did years ago–then replace with proper tubing. I’m hoping the noise I get when going over washboard-type ruts goes away after this—I’m thinking it was the the makeshift metal plugs I put in when you and I had it down a couple of years ago. Hope so anyway. You leave soon for the Glen right------enjoy!!

tom

Tom,
I’ve always left the aft metalastic mounts on the chassis leg the fore on the cage. I guess you might be able to do it your way if you have a late model with the elongated holes. I can’t see doing it that way on a earlier sub frame. You never mentioned which mounting boss was torn…front or rear?

One was a front end one rear. We got the job done today . Lots of work. But a really good job. I’ll have to write up how we did it to get it aligned but tpo late at night now and I e been under the car all day:).
Tom