Is the late 67 gauge panel copper plated?

I am restoring my gauge panel which appears to be sourced from a saloon. I would really appreciate if someone with a 67 built after June could advise if the gauge panel is copper coated inside and if not what kind of finish it appears to be.

Center panel in my 67 OTS E (Dec 66 build) is copper plated. Bare, no other coating except some dirt and oxidation. The copper is also under the plastic face on the external side of the panel.

Incidentally, why was it copper cladded: was it to insure a good grounding for electrical components?

Thanks Wayne. I would guess that mine should be the same but it was built in late 67 so past the date where changes towards series 1.5 started. Can anyone with a late 67 confirm that it is still copper plated at that time?

Serge, the general assumption seems to be that the copper is for conductivity but not all gauge panels have copper. The saloon one that I am using is just black painted on the exterior and sides and bare steel with the faint identification stamp still visible on the inside. No sign of any coating.