Is there a book about ALL of the Jaguar tool kits up to the E-Types?

Hello all, Is there a book that deals only with the tool kits? I have many books that show information about the kits but I would like to see a book that shows all of the kits and perhaps, important to me, discusses the similarity between them. I have come into a large number of kits that I am going to market and I want to be precise in the identification of them.

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Gary,

I do have such a book that is well progressed but not yet published, and indeed still more work to do given the level of detail and proof that I am seeking to achieve. sections prepared but not yet published are 1932 to 1935 SS1 and SS2, (50%), 1936 to 1940 SS Jaguar (75%), 1945 to 1948 Mark IV (95% - close to publishing), 1949 to 1950 Mark V (done, but not published, and needs to integrate/ overlap with same age/similar early XK120 tool kits.

I have published comprehensive papers on XK120/140/150 tool kits many years ago and am in process of updating to reflect compatability in an overall comprehensive book on tool kits, and only recently have had published in Philip Porters The E Type Magazine a very detailed/ comprehensive paper on all E type tool kits, 1961 to 1975, thus 3.8, 4.2, Series 2 and V12 models.

If there is anything specific you want to know, email me directly with your wants.

Roger

1 Like

Hello Roger,

Many thanks for your reply. I expect your forthcoming book will be most appreciated by a lot of enthusiasts.

A heartfelt thanks for your tireless work towards our hobby and passion. Even more thanks for the kind offer of special questions answered concerning the tool kits I have. Rather than beleaguer you with trivial questions, I will try and research the sources, including your own, that you have mentioned. For a start, I will investigate the The E-Type Magazine articles you have mentioned.

Naturally, I have questions concerning the cross compatibility of the many tool kits I have in regards to eventually selling them but I also wish to become well versed in “what is what” because they are so darned wonderful in general!

Kind Regards and Many Thanks, Gary

photo

Gary Seraphinoff
owner, THE SEVEN GABLES MOTOR GARAGE, LTD.

Main Line 248.594.5906 | Gary@TheSevenGablesMotorGarage.com

www.thesevengablesmotorgarage.com

4380 Squirrel Road, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA 48304

“The motorcar is the closest thing we will ever have to something that is alive.” Sir William Lyons

JAGUAR THE CLASSIC MARQUE by Steve Kennedy…
Nice oversized hard covered book.
It has every era tool kit , its a big book.
Not every single detail but enough.
GTJOEY1314

Steve Kennedy from Denver was working on a book on Jaguar tools and certainly had done some research on the subject
terry

Hello All, Thanks for your recommendation of Steve Kennedy’s large tome! I ordered it as a used volume just now via Abe Books. They are a wonderful company that represents many used booksellers and I have found many useful books through this most professional company. With this book, all of the three “XK Explored” books I have and now the upcoming volume from Roger Payne, I will be very well informed about the topic. My thanks to all for your valuable assistance. Gary Seraphinoff

Maybe the worst website I ever found: for an inveterate bookworm, that is!

Seriously, www.abebooks.com may be my favorite web resource.

Steve is a helluva guy: I gave my leather-bound copy of his Haguar book to @V12_Racer.

1 Like

I am a big fan of Abe Books as well, but you still have to look around. I ordered a copy of JAGUAR THE CLASSIC MARQUE by Steve Kennedy from Amazon (yes I live in Seattle) for half the cost of the cheapest price on Abe Books. I also just saw a copy of XK 140 Explored on Abe Books for $1,154.50, or roughly ten times the amount I paid for a copy. Abe Books is a fantastic resource, but not a one stop shop.

1 Like

True, and remember, prices on ABE are set by the individual vendors, not the site, itself.