Issue of the day…

Today I repaired the temperature sensor fan that was very noisy. This was issue number 10 in my list and I was happy to arrive to issue 9 before Easter… but just after this repair when I tried to raise the rear windows that always performed flawlessly…. Tac … it does not raise anymore. I ear only a click in the door but the electric engine does not move… I left the car in the public parking where I leave it at night and tomorrow I have to repair it to try to raise the window manually because I cannot leave the car with an open mirror. :frowning: any idea?

Sometimes just moving the little switch on the drivers door console that isolates the rear windows from side to side a few times can cure that problem, or sometimes the same switch gets inadvertently knocked slightly so the power to the rear windows is lost. If moving the switch has no effect try gripping the glass and pulling upwards while you operate the window switch, on most cars the rear windows are seldom used so can become stiff, so stiff that the motor will cut out before it can raise them.

1 Like

Fortunately I managed to solve the problem by cleaning the rear window switch. I had to clean both of them (the one that controls the rear left windows from drivers seat and the one located on rear door. After some deoxit the left rear window that was stuck begin to work again. I cannot explain why the cleaning solved the problem because it’s strange that both buttons begin to malfunction simultaneously.