It’s an Etype oops Dtype kinda day!

Kurt came over with his
Wonderful wonderful
Lynx Dtype!
What a ride on a 50 degree day!

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Some days… ya just gotta go out and play!

same wheelbase as E?
cramped inside?

Drivers side is fine up to 6.2
The passenger floor board is so short
Fun drive
We stick out and it’s fun!
Modern cars bore me
My 720s was a wonder of physics for a week
Then bore…488 was worse
I have another surprise for all coming!
Gtjoey
Of its mag twin cam day too
Rich Lentinello from Hemmings came buy
Fun day!

I love old mga”s but they are a tin can compared to an e type
When a Subaru pulls next to you it feels very dangerous

Looks like Kurt stole my car! LOL. What is the Lynx serial number?

I used to drool over an identical car on sale at Vintage Motors in Sarasota FL. Lynx #31 built in 1986. Downloaded all the pictures for off-line drooling and future reference. Time and two fibreglass Realms went by (a short nose and long nose) but my itch still wasn’t scratched.

Several years later, my current car had got to the stage of needing a bonnet, fin, trim and other stuff and a pro nearby was converting a long nose to XKSS and had stuff to sell. My body guy said it would be cheaper to change from Lynx panels to D than start from scratch (no Lynx parts are same as D) so I bought a batch of panels.

Later I found out that 86/31 had been sold to a guy in Scotland and that was the donor car I got the bits from! :slight_smile:

I knew this was going to get you going!
I think this one is in the 40”s build number
Will pass it along
Pete he is at 32lbs warm
Tires are a bit old
Should he drag it down to 28 or so
It dances in the turns which is nice
Gtjoey

Pete ….L 89 42
Make sense…
gtjoey1314

Yeah #41 makes sense.

Are they 15" or 16" wheels? 28 psi is the comfort setting on a 2.5 ton XJ up to 100 mph. Sports Jags on fast circuits use up to 50 psi. The man owns an easy $120K sports car built for one thing (clue: it’s not comfort). Tell him to spring for some freakin’ Blockleys or road-legal 204 compound Dunlop R5 or CR65s and really start enjoying the car.

MG man needs to learn stick, fix that slipping clutch or replace dead speedo - presumably the latter. 4500 rpm and zero mph means trouble ahead, whether its dressed in tow-trucker coveralls or blue with a body cam :slight_smile:

Kirt picked up the car a couple of days ago
You like the blokleys!
Good I’ll tell him
Mga richie is just happy to be alive!:rofl:

Depends. Blockleys are quite tall, i.e. correct for the period and so the wheels look right. However, his car looks like it’s using E-type settings front and rear, not D numbers, so it might sit a little high for his taste, even though in period Ds did sit a fraction high to modern eyes. He should have plenty of steering clearance with E-type frames and rack etc. but getting diameter measurements and widths from any sellers will ensure he chooses no-fouling tires. 6.00 will be correct but 6.50 look slightly more macho if a 6.50 spar will fit in the trunk.

Cars like the Nigel Webb’s 744 RW Le Mans 1955 winner recreation, sit lower than standard for their track focus and also usually ride on Dunlops. It looks cool and wrong at the same time - I can’t decide myself, so his own taste will prevail. If the car is new to him tell him to drive over his bumpiest local roads to check for exhaust touchdown and if nothing happens he has more options.

With those peg drives I would go tubeless.

DROOL!

Tell the D-Type guy I he sends it down to me for a week, I’ll get those swirl marks fixed gratis :slight_smile:

If yer focusing on swirl marks… yer focusing on the wrong stuff!!!

What that D needs?

MORE bugs smashed on its snoot!

I just want to point something out on that MGA Twin-Cam…a 7,000 rpm redline on a late-50’s street car…that’s impressive.

People were impressed when the Lotus twin-cam spun to 6,500 rpm four or five years later!

… so long as it lasted…:grimacing:

Such an incredible car! What a fun day that must have been…

Fun drive
First warm day and new tires we will do a 150 mile run to the north fork and back
Gtjoey