Jag at Sotheby's this week

2 Likes

Also a '57 XK150S OTS 3.4 with Overdrive in Lot 167.

1 Like

Bill, very nice car that is work at least $225K what do you think?

Regards,
Allen

I think it will go for 175K. Markets a little soft

Though it is claimed to have been meticulously maintained by its long-term first owner and have less than 7500 miles since new, the owner probably reduced its market value by having it partially restored in 2004. Now it’s neither an all-original car, or a fully-restored one, and may fall between those two high value stools. The RM comparatively modest price estimate of $150K-180K appears to acknowledge this. Not that I wouldn’t give it garage space if I had any… :grinning:

1 Like

Nice car. Even the bumpers are pretty straight. If only he hadn’t painted the lettering in the knockoffs. :grinning:

3 Likes

Jeff… stop it.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just put ol’ four-eyes outside, under a car cover… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have garage space for Earl if you’d like to give it to me, David. Glad to help.

2 Likes

my question is how did he get wear marks on the driver side outside bolster in only 10K mi?
if he “meticulously” maintained it I imagine leather conditioner would be regularly applied

I like that it still has the dum dum between frame rail and bulkhead

Sorry guys. I’m sure you mean well, but Earl stays put in MY garage. I look the cover off a couple of days ago to put the battery on a maintainer, and one look and I was smitten again…

1 Like

Sold it, sold it, sold it! $114,800 USD.

$224,000 USD | Sold

2 Likes

114,800 USD is substantially below the evaluation.
Market down…

It’s a price in line with what I have seen lately in the EU: not an SI, not Concours and not original either, but a very nice car indeed. it would advert for 100-130k (euro) in the likes of ERclassics, Oldtimerfarm, etc… -no affiliation-.

Just be honest with us, David: you just love having a car that has a steering wheel on the correct side, again… :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, this is much better than the incorrectly, over-restored, glitzy cars, and a great price, I believe!

1 Like

This is what I’ll be watching. 37 whole miles

An interesting read: I can’t find much to argue with.

Indeed.
Talking of british cars:
“When a six-figure car like a Series I E-Type posts an 8 percent loss, it effectively wipes out the increases made by the rest of the index.”

1 Like