Jaguar Clock Repair

Thanks.
Not sure how the best way to take out the tach? Have only done it on my E.
Any hints on best access to remove tach?
Thanks,
John

Not done it on a Mark II but with my 3.8S I was able to remove the clock with the tach in place. Used a quarter inch drive socket and a very small extension. The two nuts never seemed to be very tight so could be undone with finger twisting of the socket extension. The adjustment cable can also be done with its knurled attachment nut, I leave the lower end in place. Requires small hands which first explore the locations of the nuts. Good idea to disconnect the battery lest you short something out while working back there.

Anyone have the process to remove the tach in a 1960 Mk2? Have never had it out, only done it on my E, easy there.
Just not sure how to remove from wood dash. Access below?
Thanks for any help.
John

Yes, thin hands and multi jointed wrists.

1 Like

if you simply cant get the tacho from below, try removing the speedo if possible, then go in thru that hole

its damm tight on all Jags I have done it, and if you have very large hands, imo, it would not be possible without removing other items, including some wood trim, and dropping the steer column down a bit

I think the easiest way is to reach up under the dash and undo the two knurled knobs that hold it in place. I don’t recall having to take off any other parts to get to them. Just be very careful pushing it out through the hole. Taking the speedo out at the same time helps with both access and wiring, but I didn’t need to.