Jaguar could become French soon

Originally published at: https://www.jag-lovers.com/jaguar-could-become-french-soon/

“Allons enfants de la Patrie / Le jour de gloire est arrivé!” Rumors are circulating – you may have heard them – that Tata is mulling a sale of Jaguar Land Rover to France’s PSA group (Peugeot, Citroën, and more). Granted, both Tata and PSA deny these rumors, but it’s the way they’re denying them…

I’ve heard this as well, and heard employees at both companies have seen some paperwork for the merger that is pretty far along.

If it happens, I’m not sure how I’d feel. When Tata purchased Jaguar, I was really happy with many of the changes they made. However, I feel that the last few years have been directed more by the accountants than those actually trying to design and sell fantastic cars. So maybe it would be for the best.

Still, I can’t help but think how the “merger of equals” between Daimler and Chrysler went a few years back. It was criminal how Daimler treated Chrysler after it was finalized. Certainly makes me hesitant whenever I hear a rumor of one of my favorite car companies merging.

Indeed. There was a joke circulating at the time: “Q: How do you pronounce Daimler-Chrysler? A: The Chrysler is silent.”

2 Likes