Jaguar d-type build

After some more thought Wiggles and others win. ACF50 opens order…

I am going to polish up the coolant gallery as it is only bolted on the intake. gotta have some bling. Something to do over the weekend.

2 Likes

Had a local guy sand down the Jenvey and the mold line then polished it up.

BAM! BLING!

2 Likes

Oh yes…that looks classy

Dino isnt that serpinetine set up the best…no squeal, screech
gtjoey1314

It’s awesome! looks clean and works great especial with the uprated alternator.

I love it so much I ordered the same pulley set up for my D build

Was that the bob beere set up that I used from England?
It also eliminates the tensioner
Call you in 100,000 miles to check it!
Gtjoey1314

Bod Rob Beere it was.

One easy belt to change.

So simple.

Getting closer……

2 Likes

Just a few more weeks, and that sucker will be bombing down the road! :slight_smile:

Exciting stuff.

Once the shell is on and she’s rolling she’ll be brought home for engine wiring fuel paint ….

1 Like

Unfortunately this sounds like a comment from someone unfamiliar with RCR in terms of timing.

1 Like

Sardonic wit and irony, not your strong suite, eh?

As per your PM, I now have a bit more understanding about your sensibilities on this.

Getting closer……

Hoping for mid August delivery then the fun begins.

3 Likes

Here we go

7 Likes

That’s awesome and I must say, quite a smile.
Looking forward to your future posts.

-John

The buck is ready.

Wheeling and rolling Aluminum is next.

8 Likes

Metal Man Dan planing out the panels

1 Like

Hi Dino…I thought this was a Joke you were playing…making out that the GRP body was just your buck…now i realise that it is…whats the story…could the builder not supply an ali body or do tney only do grp…anyway will follow with interest…all the best…Steve

Hey Steve

They only supplied GRP version at the time I ordered. I believe they have something in the works now with aluminum.

My initial thoughts was to keep it in GRP.

I stumbled across this great little, all women, body shop “Ink and Iron” to paint my hard top. I told her about my Dtype build and how I was looking for a painter. She gave me a tour of the shop and brought me to her husband’s unit(Dan) he specializes in automotive metal fabrication.

Started talking about the d type with Dan and the rest is history. He said it would be cool to do the bonnet it aluminum then one thing lead to another…. A year later it’s on a buck and the journey begins

I’ll be working on the tub engine fuel electrical at my trusted Mechanic shop while Dan is bending and shaping

When we’re done with all that we’ll take it to Dan’s place for assembly

So that’s the story

6 Likes

Very cool, Dino. I’m looking forward to our first tour with you behind the wheel of this beauty.

1 Like