Jaguar / Girling brake hose x/ref numbers

Does anyone out there in Jag Forum Land have the Girling cross reference numbers for jaguar brake hoses as fitted on 1950 Mk V chassis number 622492

H2800/K - AZ66/AZ75
H1222/E - AZ82

If anyone can supply the girling numbers against the above I would most grateful.

Actually, those are the Girling numbers.
Are you wanting to have new ones made?
I had new ones made to my specifications by a shop in Georgia called E.L. Johnston that specializes in them and had all the fittings.
PICT0011

Hi Rob, Forgive me I think that you mentioned in the past that you had had some made. I’m getting them made by a friend and I thought that the numbers that I gave were purely Jag numbers and that Girling supplied to their number cross referenced. If that s what you say they are I’ll have to get back to him with your comments.

Thanks for that Rob. I do sometimes listen to what people say!

Ps It looks as though your supplier put longer connectors on the end of each hose than the originals!

I recall the short end that goes into a brass tee fitting was the same; the long end it didn’t matter because that end had the lock nut and flare nut.

Yes it’s odd that Jaguar would use the Girling numbers, and not give them C = chassis numbers, but then this was the first model with hydraulic brakes.

1 Like

Hi Rob, I have spoken to my good friend who has been in the motor trade over here for 50 years or more and he tells me that H2800/K and H1222/E are not Girling numbers.
The correct Girling numbers for the front hose is 3703931W and for the rear hose its 3703923/W.
These hoses also fitted Triumph TR models, Jensen 4Litre models etc.
Roger McWilliams back in 2017 on this forum listed the correct numbers which I’ve stolen and placed below.
Here are some (assembly/body) numbers found so far.
For late Mark V
Front cylinders, Jaguar Right Hand (H.3150/H.3164) is Girling (390334/ )
Front cylinders, Jaguar Left Hand (H.3151/H.3165) is Girling (390335/ )
Rear cylinder, Jaguar Left Hand (H.3152/H.3157) is Girling (390172/301430)
Rear cylinder, Jaguar Right Hand (H.3153/H.3158) is Girling (390173/301440), repair kit SP2015?
Master cylinder is Girling 64067515 for late and early Mk V

For early Mark V
Front Left Hand is Girling 390250
Front Right Hand is Girling 390251
Rear Left Hand is Girling 390610, repair kit SP2046?
Rear Left Hand is Girling 390611

For late and early Mk V brake hoses are
Front Hose 3703931W
Rear Hose 3703923W

regards DM

Thanks David. I did a search of those numbers and found this from a period Girling catalogue.

Apparently the master cylinder is unique to Mark V.

I wonder about those H numbers. I see in the Mark VII SPC that they give a mixture of H numbers and Girling 3… numbers. There are even some GB numbers, which I figured were Girling Brake. I wonder if Jaguar had in mind to start creating an H series for hydraulic parts, to go along with their BD body and C chassis part numbering system. But there is a Girling H part in the Mark VIII SPC.

I guess this rabbit hole is not going to lead anywhere useful.

The TR3 hoses are similar but used 3/8" ends.

In any case, if anybody needs to order new hoses, I can dig out my EL Johnston ordering information.

Hi Rob,
Thank you for the further info supplied - it all adds to the info base! See attached the drawings from a UK supplier’s website.

Regards DM