Jaguar Mark IV with beautiful women - does anyone recognize this car?

Hello guys.
Below is the picture taken on 1976.
It shows two-tone Jaguar Mark IV saloon with beautiful women standing by side.
Does anyone recognize this car? It belonged to Charles Knappenberger of Texas city that time.
Picture was taken by Rober McLellan of Houston, Texas.
Any Texas Mark IV registrars out there?
I need chassis number as this could be my car.

Nice headlights…:joy:

Are they on high beam?

I wonder who time has been kinder to. { it hasn’t done me much good]

It might be 611888

Peter

Hehehe: one of the thing(s) I miss most about my ‘rent’s PIII Rolls, is those awesome P100 headlamps, and the wondrously goofball “dip” mechanism!

Peter, why do You think it is RHD car?
My MKIV is LHD (630234)
It came from Alabama.
The headlamps were change but were the same like in the picture from 1976.

Hi Mateusz,

I know that Mr.Knappenberger owned several early SS/Jaguar cars and 611888 was one of them. I don’t know if he owned any other MkIV.

Peter

Hi Peter and thank You for Your opinion.
Can we judge from the picture if it’s LHD or RHD?

I don’t think we could tell from that photo whether it was left or right handed. Your car has the fog lamps mounted “Australia” fashion as opposed to the normal factory position in the Knappenberger (even though both cars have wrong lamps). Those over-riders on your car are distinctive of export cars. I think it unlikely that 611888 would have had them fitted by any subsequent owner.

There are quite a few marks on the front bumper. You might be able to correlate or not with those on your car.

It’s very difficult to say, but on balance I would guess the interior mirror of the
Knappenberger car was adjusted for RHD.

Peter

Hi,

Yes, very difficult to be sure on anything based on that photo alone, but the lack of overriders would suggest it was not a LHD MKIV originally exported to the USA, as I think those all had the overriders on the bumpers. Wasn’t there also some difference in headlamps, or was that a later change?

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 647194
Fin.

Did you try to contact the Austin club in the off chance if anyone knows or knew of any of these people? If not Scott McCarley is the President and his email is austin_bobcat@yahoo.com
Bob
Plymouth, Mi.

Not sure: if the P100s were the same as on the PIII Rolls my parents had, where the ‘dip” literally moved the right reflector down, and the left one down and tilting to the right.

Ooo! Don’t mention those dreadful 7" sealed beam unit things incongruously mounted in P100 shells.

Peter :japanese_ogre:

OMG Peter. I wonder whose idea that was , An early effort by the bloke who designed the Edsel perhaps. The Australian fog lamps brackets as supplied by Brysons curved backwards and inwards, which gave the fog lamps a bit [ lot more] protection , where as in th e original position they are the first to greet an oncoming object.
The over riders on Matzeus’car look like the Australian type, which personally i think suit the car more than the pressed metal alternatives.
Skilleter’s Book Jaguar saloons shows pictures of cars lined up at the factory wit fog lamps mounted inwards so there doesn’t seem to be uniformity.
What I did find was tat the tall [ elegant[ over-riders aren’t compatible with the fog lamps being mounted outboard.
Also looking at the 40 model here and pictures, the front bumper on the earlier cars was curved and straighter on Mk IVs. And consequently the fog lamps brackets were slightly different.

he had an SS Jaguar Tourer

Some months ago, we put a complete collection of Jaguar Journals from 1955-2015 onto USB sticks as searchable hi-res scans.

Judging by the woman’s costume it’s after 55 and before 2015 so the event is highly likely to be covered somewhee in the complete searchable archive.

A little birdie tells me the event was in 1975 and that club’s first concours. Turns out there was also a genuine XKSS for sale at $6,000!

Anybody who wants a copy of the JJ archive let me know.

Peter Crespin

Interested in the JJ thumbdrive, what’s the cost and do you take PayPal?

rossw.lovell@yahoo.com

PayPal, check, cc etc. but I’ve PM-ed you. I think even on this new version of J-L outright buying/selling are frowned on.

Pete