Jaguar Offers Reproduction Toolkit

Back on topic about tools and tool rolls. The reproduction kit shows three box spanners. My 1967 4.2 tool roll has 4 box spanners, which is corroborated on page 12 of the owner’s manual. Can anyone verify from a 3.8 owner’s manual if there was a time that only 3 spanners were offered?

Hi Tom Roger Payne is a recognized expert in tool kits. He’s invited forum members to drop him a line with questions: rogerpayne@bigblue.net.au

1 Like

Well who’d of thunk it. I also thought my 69 should have a full tool role so glad I saw this thread, not that I would have ever bought one for that money. Mine did not come with the jack either as I guess it got lost or sold off by previous owner. They are definitely not cheep either so I will make do with a trolley jack and AAA.

Jay

782 pounds?

NAFC…:confounded:

Bump. Anybody know if there were only three box spanners at one time before there were four?

My understanding is there were always 4. One is the spark plug & cylinder head spanner, and the other 3 are a nesting set.

Tom, I’d suggest you read Roger’s articles in the E Type magazine where he goes into details on every aspect. There is also a good article summarizing the tools in the March/April 2020 issue of the JCNA Jaguar Journal.

1 Like