Jaguar service bulletin about pressures with radial tyres on a MK2

I thought you might be interested to see this Jaguar service bulletin about tyre pressures for radial tyres on a MK2

It is worth pointing out a few things

• this bulletin came out with regards specifically with regards to the SP41, one of Dunlops first forays into radial tyres

• the Cinturato had been around for 10 years by 1963. I would love to see any other earlier similar service bulletins about the Cinturato on XK Jaguars if anyone has them.

• the SP t mentioned in this bulletin is the SP41 that is no longer made

• there is a Dunlop SP tyre currently made. the SP Sport Aqyajet came out in 1968 and is nothing like the earlier SP41. though sadly the 185VR15 SP Sport or Aquajet tyres aren’t made by Dunlop

• The Dunlop RS5 is also no longer made. Dunlop don’t make any historic road tyres.

• List item The Good news is that the Pirelli Cinturato CA67 is still made today by Pirelli

• List item what was considered high speed driving is pretty common place now, because of all the extra motorways we have compared to what there was in the '60s, so we recomend running at the higher pressures

We are quite aware of this bulletin but it does not mean the C tyres were provided as stock.

I would be, but you only posted E-type pressures.

Oh yes! i hadn’t noticed that. I don’t have the 3rd page. I wonder if anyone out there has it.

The RS5 was what they fitted if you didn’t specify anything about tyres. However the Cinturato 185VR15 185 VR 15 Tyres - Classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 is the only tyre currently manufactured that you could specify in period