Jaguar trashes the iconic E-type with battery power

Cost: You can buy one from Jaguar for a reported $400k.

SUV: I live in the SF Bay Area, home of Silicon Valley and more newly rich car-loving people than you can shake a stick at. I’ve seen maybe 10 F-Types total since they came out, including my own. I can’t remember seeing a single new XJ, outside of the Jaguar showrooms. I see the occasional XE and/or XF (I can’t tell them apart, so I lump them together), and a smattering of older Jaguar models of all kinds.

But the F-Pace! That vehicle is “everywhere”. Pure or not, it’s a success.

I agree with your conclusion. Jaguar used to be innovative, but that was a long time ago. Much as I love my F-Type, there is zero innovation in it. The current XJ is just sad. It may be a great car, but no one is ever going to know, because no one under the age of 95 would ever be seen dead in one.

Same goes for the XE/XF, they are… Yawn!

Sorry, I put myself to sleep just thinking about them.

Where was I? Ah, innovation. The I-Pace, the upcoming all-electric XJ, the recent concept cars, they all bode well for the future of Jaguar. Only by saying goodbye to the past and looking to the future can Jaguar once again become the company it once was. Yes, ironic I know, but true.

Here’s a controversial thought for you: Ian Callum needs to step aside. Again, I love my F-Type, which he was in charge of designing, but he seems to have run out of ideas.

Gunnar

2 Likes