Jaguar x type under rat attack

Rats have eaten some wiring. I need a pigtail connector to the map sensor. Don’t want to buy the whole harness, just the plug. Any suggestions??? Dealer and some junkyards selling whole harness assembly. only

Obviously you are not in Alberta. (no rats) I would suggest trying to find an automotive electrician, who could rebuild the connector.

I’ve experienced the same thing here in the Pacific Northwest. This is what I’ve done. Found the same gauge stranded wire, and soldered in a replacement wire, and covered with heat shrink material. a bit of RTV on the ends to keep the connection moisture proof. I’ve got a Electronic rework station, that I used to rework computer electronics. The rework station allows me to dial in the temp of the soldering iron.

Using a soldering Iron that doesn’t have this feature you want to be mindful of wire and how close it is to heat sensitive electronics or other bits that may melt. which makes soldering a bit trickier. Cooper absorbs heat very effectively, so by having a the iron hot enough to melt the solder - shiny, but not too hot where the solder is melted solder is cloudy or hazy, and get the soldering done and the iron off the part quickly; will minimize heat distribution through the wire is something to be aware of. In Welding terms, reducing the heat affected zone.

If you don’t know exactly what I’m on about, then I’d recommend getting practice time in before trying on the car.
A perfect solder will yield a shiny silver color, and appear fluid even when solid and cool The solder join has penetrated (wet into) all of the strands on both parts of the wire. A solder too hot will appear bubbly or will have a light grey haze to it. an overly hot solder will create resistance in the join. There’s a ton of youtube examples on how to solder.

Or take it to an automotive electrician.

Not that it really matters, but I disconnected the battery too.