Jaguar X305 engine trouble

Hello Jaguar friends! I am the happy owner of a Jaguar X305 6.0 V12 year. 1996 only driven 110,000 km. However, it has teased a few times lately by suddenly not wanting to take the gas. then I have to drive with a very light foot on the accelerator so that it does not stall. however, I can keep it running at low speed if I am very careful with the presser foot. It then goes 10 - 15 km. and maybe half an hour then the car suddenly drives normally again. This has happened twice with approx. 14 day interval. The ODB tester shows errors P0106 & P1106 which indicate errors in connection with the LNA1622AA inlet map sensors. Since there are 2 of them, it is not just to change one. That’s why I’m asking if anyone has experienced something similar, and if so, how did you solve the problem?? Is there, for example, someone who knows how to measure whether a map sensor is OK?? I’m hoping for good advice so I don’t have to mess around blindly. Thank you in advance for your help. Per

I have frequent P0106 & P1106 errors but none of the symptoms you describe.

Jaguarforums X305 section is more active than this forum for XJ12 questions (but still not very busy!). Try cross posting here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj12-x305-57/

If we discount the map sensor error as spurious, can we consider fuel issues? Old fuel filter, tired pump, blocked pump, tank not venting…. A intermittent physical issue instead of electrical
Issue. Does turning car off and on resolve the issue? Does it only happen on less than full tank?. It is very hard to keep tank full on these cars! What if you leave the gas cap off?

The filter is only 3 months old but I have thought about the pump as a possible fault. I have ordered one which is on its way home, so I will change it.

Doesn’t the v12 have TWO fuel pumps, a low flow and a high flow? I’m thinking the high flow might not be working anymore?

That is true, two identical pumps. If you’re taking the tank out to replace one, you should do both. Big PITA. Luckily they’re really cheap… less than $25 each.

Where do you buy a quality pump for 25 bucks ? Least expensive pump that crossed my hands was twice that, not to mention noisy as hell and shortlived. Thanks

I bought the cheapest sh!t possible off RockAuto. The whole car was $900 and I didn’t know what was wrong with it, so wasn’t going to spend lots of dough. Turned out to be the pumps, both of them. I swear at the time they were like $17 each.

I would buy a mechanical fuel pressure gauge before anything else. Hook it up at the injectors.

This is even cheaper due to shipping:

GMB 513-1010 Electronic Fuel Injection Pump https://a.co/d/21fusOl

A V12 6.0 X305 has only one fuel pump

Mine had two.