Jaguar XJS in a Mechanic Simulator video game

Apparently there is such a thing as a car mechanic simulator video game, and you can restore a Jaguar XJS junkyard virtually. They’ve put generic outboard brakes on it, but it does have a V12… I know when I was 13 or 14 and started working on cars it would have been in my parents interest to buy me an xbox and this video game instead.

Excellent video… obviously this is a right hand dive but with the break booster on the passenger fire wall (left). I thought all brake boosters were on the same side as the driver.
Or have I got that wrong?
Also the terminology is American “Trunk” (boot) and “Hood” (bonnet) whilst it is a right hand drive?
Perhaps it is an American delivery with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

I watched it for less than two minutes before noticing how many time progress would have stopped due to frozen hardware, broken parts and other delays.
Reality is a bitch.

No option to stop work and post a message and hope Kirby replies :slight_smile:

Conceptually, as a video game, this is so strange to me. Video games are about leaving reality and doing some fantasy work. You’re on Seal Team 6, or about to win the Super Bowl, or fight dragons…. This video game is about fantasizing about being, what, us?

Maybe with full access you get to plan and execute, make mistakes like not using a gasket or not torqueing. Bust out on re-build, Learn and do over. Could be a good training tool…

The real thing is so much more fun…