Jaguar XJS spare part help

Dear all. I have joined the forum as we are in desperate need of some advice.

My wife bought a beautiful Jaguar XJS 4.0, 1994 model, back in 2016. Since then, it has run flawlessly, except for one flat battery, but recently has developed a problem with the clutch.

We took it to a garage who said that the master cycling, clutch FTE needs replacing (CBC9742). However, they, and we, are having no luck in locating one.

I wondered if anyone might be able to give us some pointers as to where we might try next? We’ve exhausted the search results on google, and all local dealers/garages.

Many thanks. Dan

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English(US)/#/US/parts/2c5fb574-9276-4a0d-912c-9f1aa397ad27?gt=Clutch%20Master%20Cylinder%20for%20Jaguar%20XJS

Maybe sng?

This XJS clutch master cylinder on U.K. eBay (223291852950) will fit - your garage would just need to modify the pipe leading to the clutch slave cylinder.

I have no affiliation with the seller of this item.

A.

Confused me for a tad. Master clutch cylinder

It also helps us to know your location. We are spread world wide!!! . .

Welcome aboard.

Try Paul’s Jaguar…he’s in Florida.

I take it that is one of the manual tran models, as in the U.K.? :confused:

Hi Andy. Thanks so much for this, worked a treat and we’re back on the road again.

Dan

1 Like

So are you talking about an internal clutch on your auto. transmission? I’m confused … (as always of late :roll_eyes: ) :confused:

No he has an actual manual transmission.

O.K. Finally makes sense … thanks :smile: