Jerry Mouton, RIP

John,

I’ll send you the particulars in a few days, when it’s time to settle up.

Regards,
Ray L.

Paypal donation to your email address, Ray?

Ray,
Count me in for $20

Condolences to the family and all you guys who knew him personally…I have always felt an affinity with you Americans, your candour and willingness to help with problems, I truly feel bereaved…

Jerry was terrific, Period. There is a group of Jaguar friends in the SF Bay Area, Jag Lovers for sure, who will go out of their way to help. I can’t name them here but the names would be familar to readers. When I needed help to move an E Type I had bought for my son years ago, and it was located in the central valley, I had a gang of these friends show up to help load the boxes of parts. Jerry has been at my house at the drop of a hat whenever I was having a problem, and I am ca, 40 miles away. So have the others. I treasure the friendship of every one of them.

1 Like

I never met Jerry in person, but I feel as tho he was my friend just from this forum. I am saddened to hear this news and my condolences to his family. He will be missed by a lot of people all over the globe I think.

I am really going to miss his contributions and frequent posts.

Bob F.

I was privileged to participate in the Oil Leak with Jerry enjoy his company in person as well as through his presence on the J-L Forum.

His son James was so gracious when he spoke to the Oil Leak group just hours after Jerry’s passing. He hoped we would continue the tour and this would not cast a pall over the event. Quite the opposite I think - Jerry was an inspiration to us all to seize the time we have to enjoy our friends and the cars that bring us together.

He is still with us every mile of the way.

2 Likes

Jerry would often say I was the “father of the Oil Leaks,” but that cut his considerable efforts short shrift, to how he, and many others, took the idea and ran with it.

I regret only ever having taken one Leak with Jerry …:joy::joy::joy:… and I feel it’s time I stepped back up to the plate and organied a CoOL!

Anyone wanna join in? The soonest I can do it would be fall of '18, and I would want to associate it it, somehow, in Jerry’s memory.

The 2018 Mouton Memorial Mille Miglia? :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

I’ve asked Andrew to create a separate thread with the details on the memorial service, as well as exactly how to make a donation for the flowers and Coventry Foundation donation. I’m sure he’ll get it up shortly. The flowers are on order, and will be delivered tomorrow.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

I like it!!! We’ll have to plan a route of a Mille Miglia!

The Oil Leak Series as a whole could be renamed the Yearly Mouton Memorial Vacation (YMMV):slight_smile:

-David

5 Likes

Clever boy…:joy: Id be happy with that!

I met Jerry for the first time at the Hillsborough Concours this year where he was proudly showing his car. I told him I recognized him for this forum and he was really pleasant and willing to chat. One of those guys who you like immediately. Very unexpected and sad news.

Andy

1 Like

David,

I KNOW Jerry would absolutely love that!

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

I think we have a quorum!

YMMV, it be!

I never met Jerry in person but I will miss his advice and thoughtful posts. RIP
Dan Holden
Phoenix, AZ

We all appreciate your efforts Ray.

I read the post this morning, thank you Ray, and have been in the “What!!!” mode ever since…
After years of hanging out on the list, and a few off list SCCA conversations with Jerry, I fortunately had the pleasure of meeting Jerry at the 2013 Challenge Championship in Richmond VA.
All I can do is echo the eloquent words previously expressed about Jerry. An absolute joy to spend time with and he even took the replica D for a spin around the slalom in Richmond.I have to admit that he did manage to collect a cone. Due to inherent laziness, an internal debate about “accumulated patina” which I must admit I never involved Jerry in, and not being the first time this piece of decoration had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, the evidence of the encounter is still apparent on the aluminum cover in front of the side pipes!
Now that ding has a lot more significance! It is a memory of a real gentleman, someone really special, who drove a Jag with passion, slow and fast, who shared his wisdom and through that touched the lives of everyone he met, be it in the virtual world of the list or those that had the pleasure of meeting Jerry in person.
Thank you Jerry.

Regards
Keith

3 Likes

Jerry and I had many spirited and constructive discussions both on and off the Forum (usually about tyres!) although we had yet to meet. When I told him we were coming over to California on vacation he insisted we borrow MIK for a week to travel Highway 1. What guy.

Our mileages usually varied but we both got to the same destination as friends. I am in tears.

David

1 Like

Damn,just damn. I can’t say anything of value not already expressed so eloquently on this forum.

RIP Jerry, you will be missed by all.

1 Like