Jerry Mouton, RIP

Well…I saw this yesterday and just could not believe it. So very sad. I met Jerry while traveling to Oakland with my family for a basketball tournament my daughter was playing…I was able to steal away for a few hours and drove to Palo Alto to spend the afternoon with Jerry. We took a drive in MIK and it was a very memorable experience. He was a constant inspiration to me while I was doing all the recent work on my car. Always answered my questions with absolute clarity. I will never forget him. One of the greats!

Dave

1 Like

Perhaps I missed it but I’ve looked and can’t see any information about specifically how to donate to this?

I couldn’t have completed my rebuild correctly without the very detailed photos on Jerry’s blog. I think it’s a tangible part of Jerry’s legacy. I wonder if there is a way to preserve that information as a piece of his enduring contribution for future enthusiasts. I think he’d like that.

All,

Please refer to this thread for how to make your donations:

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/memorial-for-jerry-mouton/356649/2

Thanks for the great response so far!

Regards,
Ray L.

What a great idea!!! Jerry’s memory shouldn’t just fade away:+1::+1:
pauls

I wish that I had met him, he was always helpful and seemed upbeat. I’m just stunned. RIP .

and indeed, Laissez les bon temps rouler

This is such sad news. Although I never personally met Jerry, I communicated with him and received much needed help from him. He was such a fine man. Condolences to his family. Tom

So true Ray and none of us knows what and when something like this will happen to us. 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Cancer and 2 weeks later had surgery to remove my left kidney. No cancer anywhere else except that kidney. I am a fortunate man. The lesson here is that we cannot become complacent regarding our good and healthy life—we must enjoy every day, every minute of it as though it was our last. Hearing of Jerry’s passing hit me, and all of us very hard—he was such a gentleman. So--------go out and plan your next E-Type adventure and savor every minute of it. RIP Jerry.

Tom,

Very glad to hear you caught the cancer before it spread! Lucky indeed!

Regards,
Ray L.

2 Likes

We know not the hour nor the day.

Carpe Jagem!

2 Likes

Peter,

Dick Harms was super passionate about Jaguars and his XK-SS . He was an extreme gentleman who was loved by the entire JAGM club here in Michigan. I had the privilege of knowing him and participating in club car trips with him for 8 years. At the funeral his family shared some "fun facts’ about him : he rolled 9 cars, lost his license 13 times, a police chase here and there and … loved ice cream (we knew that !).
He will be missed.
Here is his beloved XK-SS in front of the funeral home for the “FYNALRYD”.

RIP Dick

Marco

2 Likes

Flowers were delivered to Jerry’s house today.

People are giving generously to the memorial fund. I expect we should have at least $500 to donate to the Coventry Foundation when they’re all in.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

Nice…:smiley:

Awesome car. Harms sounds like he lived his life to the fullest. What a great plate.

This stinks. My heart goes out to his family.

I have been out of the San Francisco for most of the last 4 months. I am working on my retirement man cave at our place in Winters, CA. I missed all the car shows this summer including hillsborough for the first time in 15 years. Now missing it really hurts!

I met Jerry and Dick at a Jag meal at the Beach Chalet in SF about 15 years ago, sometime in the early 2000’s. He was very gracious with his time and knowledge when I purchased my 1963 coupe, which John purchased and finished.

Even though I no longer had a Jag, although I am helping Scott with his 1969, Jerry and I talked a few times a year and I always enjoyed his company either in person, on the phone, or via email.

With Jerry and Dick gone an era is over. All we can do is to keep their spirits alive and live up to their examples when the new generation of cars enthusiasts come knocking on the door.

He will be missed.

James Douglas
San Francisco

I heard from Jerry’s wife Kate this morning. I had told her about the plans for the “2017 Yearly Mouton Memorial Vacation”, and she thought the name was great, and that Jerry would love it as well.

An interesting Jerry tidbit most probably don’t know - Jerry was born in Louisiana, a proud Cajun. He is the oldest of 15 children. That’s not a typo - he has 14 siblings! Given that they always seemed very close, I would not be at all surprised to see all of them were at the service next week.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

I was not expecting this news when I popped into the forum today. This is very sad. His feedback to several of my posts was very helpful. He seemed very genuine. The mountain of kitty information he shared will live on. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Skene

Hi,

Like many others, I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but I always fealt I knew him, and was shocked to hear that he is no longer with us. He truly was one of the founding pillars that supported Jag-Lovers through thick and thin. You will be missed very much and remembered for a loooong time.

Pekka T.
Fin.

1 Like

How old was Jerry? I seem to recall early 70s.

Wiggles,

He was 71.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like