Jerry Mouton, RIP

(Jerry, immediately after climbing out of his jaguar atop Moki Dugway on the 2011 Oil Leak tour.)
Farewell friend!

2 Likes

Chuck,

That’s one of the photos I Pete for Jerry’s obit in the Jaguar Journal! That’s the way I remember him!

Regards,
Ray L.

2 Likes

It’s the way I’ll always remember him Ray.

1 Like

Chuck,

When I was looking for a photo to send Pete, I Googled “Jerry Mouton, Palo Alto, CA”. The very first photo that came up was one of Jerry and Lloyd sitting in a restaurant somewhere. About the 5th one was a photo you took in my garage, showing Jerry, me, and your son Chris looking at the very first Blowviator, on my car! I had completely forgotten about that day. There was, of course, also a link to the “Father and Son Tour” page on your site, which was nice to see again.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

Jerry in Boise as he was headed up to Missoula to see his son James prior to the 'ol.
LLynn

2 Likes

Again, is there a way to assure that Jerry’s excellent photo library doesn’t drift off into the ether? There are some unique photos regarding the small differences in 63-64 interior details in particular. I used his blog phot0s in conjunction with the UK Etype factory original section almost daily when I was reassembling my car. Jerry often referred members to one of his photos for a unique view of an item. Frankly, if this involved some expense, I think it would be an excellent place to direct some of the contributed funds.

Eric,

I would guess Kate, Jerrys wife, would be happy to let someone make copies of all of his photos, to post somewhere. I can ask her once the dust settles a bit.

His photo library should be available online, on his website (moutons.org), to anyone who has a link (he’s posted it MANY times here). Once in, there’s nothing to prevent anyone from downloading all of them.

Regards,
Ray L.

Ditto. That pic really sums up the man!

Never met Jerry face to face so those photos are all I’ve seen but his
influence will live on. I’m still stunned.
pauls

I was behind you both, when I saw Jerry fairly LEAP out of the car, that day…priceless shot!!!

He sure did…!
I never had the privilege to meet Jerry Mouton but I certainly benefited from his knowledge.
He will certainly be missed on this forum.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Marco

What a shock to see this thread… i only met him at a couple of events but it was always a pleasure communicating with him. At least he went doing what he loved!

I’m suggesting making it a permanent part of J-L

Jerry with son James and Mandy last Saturday evening. Jan and Lynn Gardner on the left. Jerry’s college roommate and tour copilot David Drake on the right. My codriver Don Holzgrafe on far left.

5 Likes

A great loss to this forum and to the world. Jerry had the rare gift of sharing without seeking anything in return. A model citizen.

1 Like

My cat smiles in Jerry’s honor. Thank you for your wisdom and influence. You will be missed.

1 Like

I think I may crop this for the Obit

Sure thing, Peter. Good photo of Jerry. Taken in Missoula on the Saturday
before the BSOL.

–Drew

Sorry to hear Jerry passed away. His posts were always very helpful. Great loss for the forum and the Jaguar community. My condolences to those his family and friends.

Pim

Jerry’s been with us since the beginning of Jag-Lovers. I will miss his enthusiasm, adventures, and commentaries…

1 Like