Jerry Mouton, RIP

I don’t know how far down the list I am of people being shocked by this news, I have just come back from vacation to read about Jerry, so sorry and I’ll second everything Wiggy has said.
We had many conversations over the years on and off J-L and he taught me a lot about E-Types and British - American history.

Dave

1 Like

I’m happy to report Jag-Lovers are being even more generous than expected! Looks like the final tally (still waiting for a few actual paper checks to arrive) will be very near, possibly even over, $1000! After deducting the cost of the flowers, that will mean a near $900 contribution to the Coventry Foundation in Jerry’s name!

Thank you all for your generosity. This is what makes J-L so special!

Regards,
Ray L.

Yay!!! I agree Ray, JL is a special place. Folks genuinely trying to help or get answers. I’ve always felt like it was like being in a room with friends here.
pauls

FWIW, the foundation is putting together a scholarship system to help needy students to acquire restoration skills with bona fide credentials. I bet they would consider naming one after Jerry. I’ll make enquiries if people like the idea. I’m thinkinh how fitting it would be for Jerry to still be helpful even after he’s gone.

Pete

2 Likes

Pete,

I saw that, and was thinking exactly the same thing. I can’t think of anything more fitting.

Regards,
Ray L.

That’s an excellent suggestion.

Just back from the Bronte Park British Car Day. Several J-L listers came over to chat and invariably brought up losing Jerry, remorseful they’ll no longer get to meet the great man during what was to be his upcoming visit to these parts. He touched a great many people.

Ray
How exactly should the checks be made out to?
Put me down for $100.
Only met Jerry on the last two oil leaks but felt like he was an old friend, a real gentleman.

Glenn Wior (melloyello)

Glenn,

You can just make it out in my name, and mail it to me at the address in the “sticky” topic at the top of the forum. I’m collecting it all, and will pass it along to the Foundation as soon as I’m reasonably convinced all donations are in. Everyone’s generosity is truly inspiring!

Regards,
Ray L.

just returned from England where I was without a laptop. so sad to hear this news.

RIP, Jerry and thanks for all you helpful contributions over the years.

Bill

Hello Alex, I am very sorry for your loss, it is shared by many.

Jerry was a brick in the JL forum wall and his friendly advice and willingness to participate was a blessing to us all.

When the OL tour crossed the border into B.C. Canada in 2015, Jerry was leading the charge in his Porsche as Pretty Kitty was indisposed. I with 3 other Jagnuts, hooked up with the entourage of 13 other E’s in Osoyoos, B.C. We had lunch, a delightful natter about all and sundry, then buddy-cruised them part way to their planned overnight stay at Manning Park Lodge.

My wife, Marilyn made sure that all our American friends received a welcome goody bag of Canadiana items to further burden their overstuffed luggage compartments.

Of note, I was the one who was pulled over by the RCMP as we were climbing Richter Pass out of Osoyoos. They evidently were not impressed by the bellowing pipes and the needle on the Mach meter not being where it should be.

The good news however, was that my sacrificial romp enabled the rest of the troupe to make a clean getaway and I caught up with them in Princeton.

The JOTI (Jags on the Island) show in beautiful Victoria was the cherry on the sundae and Jerry and the crew were wonderful, welcomed guests and much appreciated. The take away from all of this was Jerry’s mantra. “Do it” who knows what’s around the corner.
Sorry I can’t be there for his memorial, best to all who will be, cruise on Jerry, God Bless.
Brian / Mytype

Today we laid to rest our friend and fellow Jag E-type lover, Jerry Mouton. The local Jag guys who could make it sent him off with a procession of Jags. His wife said it was a lovely tribute to him and it seemed like something Jerry would have thought of for another.

6 Likes

Great tribute. Wish I could have been there.

Very good. I seriously considered blowing my airmiles to come over but then realised I probably didn’t have enough to get a return flight. I hope my one-way trip is a few years away, but you just never know.

Still seems unreal doesn’t it? Bye Jerry, and thanks.

Pete

Thanks John,
Will really miss him!
Lynn

1 Like

Outstanding!!! What a great way to say good bye. He is and will be sorely missed by us all. I’m sure the family really appreciated it.
pauls

1 Like

A most excellent tribute!!

It was a very nice service, and a big turnout - probably 100 people or so, including most of this 14(!) siblings, several nieces and nephews, and lots of friends, old and new. One Jag-Lover, Drew Schertz, came all the way from TX, and delivered very moving speech, as did Jerry’s college room-mate, who was riding with him on the BSOL. Almost everyone who spoke had at least one entertaining anecdote about Jerry’s “enthusiastic” driving!

I believe I now have all the donations in Jerry’s name for the Coventry Foundation, so I’ll be adding those up later today.

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

I added the names of the drivers onto this photo for your reference.
thanks to all of these folks for making this happen.

1 Like

Very well said, Pete. Allthough I never met the man, I had lots of help from him (and others!) on this forum when I got my E, and had to get used to the machine and the way to work on it. I learned a lot from him and wish his family all the strength to cope with this loss.

1 Like