Jet-Hot Cost___

(1968 E-Type FHC) #1

A lot in the archives but can’t find anything really current about cost. Does $400 sound about right? Does anyone have a picture after two-three years of use?

Craig
(VHT paint’s sounding pretty good!)

(Bob Faster) #2

Craig,

In feb 2016 it was $305 for both. with shipping both ways I came in around $350 total.
Here is a picture taken today. they are three years old and have about 3000 miles on them, including driving in the rain.

Bob F

1 Like
(James / 1965 E-Type OTS / 2017 XJ) #3

Yes. My exhaust manifolds are currently with Jet Hot being coated in satin black. The cost is $396 plus $8 for $1,000 in insurance, total of $404 that includes return shipping.

(Paul Breen pay palled it) #4

I didn’t do any good with VHT aerosols on our XJ6 - it flaked and peeled. Just used pot belly stove paint.

1 Like
(1968 E-Type FHC) #5

They still look great Bob. I guess it’s safe to say Jet-Hot is a long term option. Thanks for the pic and thanks James for the info.

Craig

(Bill Bilotti 1966 S1 OTS (in boxes)) #6

did you grind the manifolds smooth before sending? And does jet hot keep the heat within the way ceramic coating is supposed to?

(ronbros) #7

pic of my Jet Hot ceramic coat 26yrs ,and counting, down low in pic!

. cost in 1994 , 4 manifolds V12 , $50 each!
ron

(Bob Faster) #8

no, in hindsight I would have found a place to sandblast the remaining ceramic off and then spent some time sanding or polishing them before sending. But overall, Jet-hot did a good job, I am just picky.

and yes, I found there to be a significant drop in temps. as much as 50 degrees. same everything before and after, and as I said, I have a set of nice shiny enamel manifolds in a box I may never install just for that reason.

(Bill Bilotti 1966 S1 OTS (in boxes)) #9

So Jet Hot is a ceramic coating. I thought they had their own processl

So, who’s ceramic coating is the best?