Jet-Hot Cost___

A lot in the archives but can’t find anything really current about cost. Does $400 sound about right? Does anyone have a picture after two-three years of use?

Craig
(VHT paint’s sounding pretty good!)

Craig,

In feb 2016 it was $305 for both. with shipping both ways I came in around $350 total.
Here is a picture taken today. they are three years old and have about 3000 miles on them, including driving in the rain.

Bob F

1 Like

Yes. My exhaust manifolds are currently with Jet Hot being coated in satin black. The cost is $396 plus $8 for $1,000 in insurance, total of $404 that includes return shipping.

I didn’t do any good with VHT aerosols on our XJ6 - it flaked and peeled. Just used pot belly stove paint.

1 Like

They still look great Bob. I guess it’s safe to say Jet-Hot is a long term option. Thanks for the pic and thanks James for the info.

Craig

did you grind the manifolds smooth before sending? And does jet hot keep the heat within the way ceramic coating is supposed to?

pic of my Jet Hot ceramic coat 26yrs ,and counting, down low in pic!

. cost in 1994 , 4 manifolds V12 , $50 each!
ron

no, in hindsight I would have found a place to sandblast the remaining ceramic off and then spent some time sanding or polishing them before sending. But overall, Jet-hot did a good job, I am just picky.

and yes, I found there to be a significant drop in temps. as much as 50 degrees. same everything before and after, and as I said, I have a set of nice shiny enamel manifolds in a box I may never install just for that reason.

So Jet Hot is a ceramic coating. I thought they had their own processl

So, who’s ceramic coating is the best?