Jet Hot Exhaust Coating

I though you would be interested in seeing Jet Hots semi gloss black manifold coating. I did do quite a bit of sanding before sending the manifolds to Jet Hot. I am very happy with the results. I hope the pictures come out.

7 Likes

Well done, @mwarner!

Yes, really nice…

Jet Hot is great. I have about 5000 miles on mine and they remain perfect. Not shiny like the original ceramic but it works for me.

Those look really pretty

Looks sharp, Michael. I keep wondering if and when Jet Hot might do a glossy black coating. They have some very shiny silver coatings, so I’d hope that black is also possible.

They look really good. Did you sand by hand or machine?

I used all of the above. I started with a hand held disc sander with 60, then 80, then 120 grit. I then used little 2 inch discs on the end of a drill again with 60,80, and 120 to get into tighter areas… After that I used a small cone grinder on a dremel tool to get into the nooks and crannies between the cylinders and on the back side. I then used rolls of emory paper both Course and fine. I finished up with wet and dry 220. I am very happy with the results and Jet Hot. I will say that I might of put 10 to 15 hours into sanding, but for me it was worth it. It might not be porcelain but it is very smooth and should last for many years

I wonder if one of the high temp gloss clear coat paints on top of that would look compared to the factory porcelain finish, and how it would last. I see a number of 2000 deg paints like VHT that claim they’d be OK for headers.

Yours look great (no doubt due to all your hard prep work), and just a bit glossier coating would look very close to original.