Job advertisement

*Administrators I understand if this is removed as it is just a piece of whimsy, but it is my introduction to this absolutely fascinating forum

I purchased my 1974 XJ6 a month ago after lusting after one all my adult life. I preceded my new car Into the world by almost exactly 20 years and I was born about 40 miles from where the car was made. In those days I couldn’t imagine ever owning an XJ as it was well outside my reach. She is a ‘hobby’ car as my main car is a mid size Japanese SUV. If I really need to go somewhere, to the local shop or probably around the world the Japanese car will almost certainly get me there with no problems; but by choice I would take the Jag as it has soul , character and personality.

Anyway, if I won the lottery I would place the following advertisement:

“Wanted, mechanic to service my Jaguar XJ6. This is a full time 40 hour position with overtime most weeks. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 hands, (although preference will be given to an individual with 4 hands) and arms no less than 6 feet long. You will be able to exert a minimum force of 80Nm of torque between the thumb and forefinger for the occasions when a spammer will not fit. You will have the dexterity of a concert pianist and heat resistant skin. Minimum wage rates apply as I have a Jaguar to maintain.”

5 Likes

Welcome aboard

I admired the composition in the “help wanted” add!!

I have none of the required qualifications,. An 83 XJ wuzza six is in my garage. I repair and maintain it. It runs and drives. Began in 2001. An all time favorite in a long list of cars I’ve owned and driven.

Carl

1 Like