Just an observation

As I am tearing my bodyshells apart it is interesting to note differences between Jaguar export (and possibly domestic) and Daimler V8.
The carpet underlay on the Daimler is way thicker as there are turrets on the floor to allow the carpet to be fixed over deep felt underlay pads. In the Jag there is just some thin felt underlay glued down with carpets and no fixings.
It may be the later Jags were better appointed …or not?

I suspect someone has replaced the floor or “upgraded” the carpets. As far as I remember the turrets have been there on any small saloons I’ve worked on.

I have just had to remove the carpet and two layers of felt from the trans tunnel in my ‘65 ‘S’ to facilitate cutting a hole for the gear lever. There’s a lot of sound proofing in this car!

My MK2 is 1968 , underlay is a good 3/4 inch thick , in very good condition so refitted

it

My 64 MK2 has what I think you are describing as turrets. Pad drops over, carpets on top, plastic (?) push pins go through the carpet and into the hole in the top of said turrets.
Dave

I see you have champagne in the rear door pocket awaiting the launch of your restored Mk2. I hope you have enough bottles for us all?!

F

No Frankie
The pocket lost it’s shape , bottle was the right size to hold the shape , till the water dried out , that I sprayed on the card to make it pliable