Just got new Lloyds mats, kinda disappointed

One can hope Greg. :slight_smile:

The correct history is i ordered by make and model on their website. Mats were off. They sent me butcher paper to stencil what I needed. Returned mats and stencil. They sent perfect fit mats.

Fast forward. 2020. Now their template had been updated. But in the ordering process I sent them measurements and photos of my mats. They decided their template was 2 inches too short. Anyway, once again very cooperative and customer oriented service from these folks at what I think are good prices.

1 Like

I am working with the people at GB Classic Trim in the UK. Shipping makes their prices more expensive, but I believe they have the facelift templates. I sent them my rough dimensions. Their beige sample was a dead ringer for the faded coffee interior I have now.

I will send pictures when I get my mats.

1 Like

Thing is, Palmdude, WE shouldn’t have to do that. When I buy a product from a vendor I expect them to know their stuff on what they are selling. If not, then I don’t ever give them a second chance. I won’t do their (home)work for them - I’m sure they’re not going to give me any price $ break for doing so. :-1:

You got me worried there, JohnJohn, since Superblack is the same MY coupe, and that’s who I was thinking of ordering my set from. How long ago was that, and I wonder if they have corrected their error by now (anyone)? :confused:

I still can’t figure out why some of the car manufacturers don’t “license out” to (legit.) companies that make aftermarket carpeting the right to use their logos on their mats. A good way for the manufs. to make a few $$. :money_mouth_face:

btw, so what do you guys do for replacement padding pieces (i.e. the ones that go under the carpeting)? Is there an accurate aftermarket source for those?

Was also wondering whatever happened to World Upholstery. I thought they were THE go-to place for European luxury car replacement upholstery, carpeting, etc, albeit pretty $$ :moneybag:. No mention of them on this thread. :confused:

When I went to a trophy place to have some decorative brass plates made for the cam covers, the guy whipped out a big book of logos that they could use. Jaguar has several logos and some involve a licensing fee or cannot be used at all, but the image of a leaping cat in profile is free for such places to use as long as they are properly used, meaning to represent Jaguar automobiles and not for anything derogatory. IOW, it’s apparently been made available just for places like carpet shops and mud flap manufacturers.

For the big manufacturers it would most likely be a very few $$. Not enough for them to organise a scheme to license logos, and then police the merchandise that gets produced. It’s a shame, when there are third party outfits that would produce a good quality product, especially when Jaguar clearly have no interest in re-manufacturing the out of stock items themselves.

Is that the left or the right handed leaper? I think they changed the branding, and that the old one is OK to use, but not the new version.

Gee, I don’t remember! I think we just mirror-imaged it for the other bank.

World Upholstery was my second choice. I went with GB because the carpet quality seemed a little nicer, and it also matched my interior better.

Call up World. They know they’re stuff. They were very knowledgeable about the XJS carpet and overmats. They didn’t have a wool carpet that matched my faded interior, but they did have a less expensive nylon that worked well.

I would suggest keeping them on anyone’s short list. Their pricing was competitive with Lloyds, just a bit more expensive, but same ballpark.

1 Like

Well after a decent amount of back and forth, some with replies and some without, I was finally told to draw out a template of my old mats. After a week after I saw they received them, I emailed the guy I had been working with. He replied that he was on vacation and told me I should contact the other person. I didn’t have that person’s contact info so I asked him. He never replied. So I sent a message on the website. I waited a day and a half then I decided to look on Facebook. Sure enough they have a page and message options. I sent a message and within an hour I was given the other person’s direct phone number. I called and she said “yes I have the tube you sent here” I had rolled the templates up and put them in a cardboard tube. Needless to say they hadn’t opened it yet. I talked for a few minutes with her and she said they would probably take about 7 days to complete due to the coronavirus. Well they came in yesterday and they look and fit great! They were even able to add in plastic turnbuckle holes. I’m thinking alot of my issues may have been with the guy I was dealing with. Smh

2 Likes

if you’ve got time to take some pictures, can you post it on here ?

Yes the color isn’t quite right, but I’m ok with that. Please pardon my filthy carpets and I have yet to take the time to do a really good clean on it. And yes, I know I have two different turnbuckles on the passenger side too. Lol

they look good, and thick, but I’d rather have some light brown surrounds on the turnbuckle holes, than black ones
yes, you can call me picky :innocent:

my car is a 93 as yours, but coupe, and it doesn’t have the removable panel on the passenger side, as seen on your last picture : the whole panel flaps down to give access to the fuse and relays hidden behind
i’ ll look for a picture, or will take some

1 Like

Interesting! Yeah I have a couple of the sets of old factory color match turnbuckle holes, I’m afraid they will fall apart when I got to try to move them. It is on my list lol

I think I got some not long ago from SNG Barrat, they could still be available through Jaguar

edit :
yes they are
https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/parts/index/part/id/C03.910.91080.91080363.910803635557/brand/jaguar/

|21||Eyelet retainer GMB9508AA £1.74 inc VAT
22 Eyelet retainer later type BEC25324 ↳GMB9508AA £1.74 inc VAT

cheap, but they don’t seem to have a choice for colour, so could be black only ?
the turnbuckle has a full list of part numbers, just for colour varations to match the interior

1 Like

Yeah when I was looking for my turnbuckles I settled for the grey or whatever. I think my actual color is to be barley, but coffee is close I think. I only found two sets of the coffee holders, and they were like $100/set! No thanks!

iirc lmy interior is barley too, the carpet being rattan (trim code : AEE FH )

1 Like

Ah gotcha! I guess I took for granted that it the interior color was barley, everything was basically barley! Gee I’ll have to see if I can find other color codes

the carpet in my car is darker brown grey (rattan , I think), but the additional carpet is much like yours, which I like as it makes the interior more luminous (but is more a pain to clean)
here’s a picture showing the ratan floor, the carpet on top, next to the barley

1 Like