Keeping a xk120 rdstr clean

Does anyone have experience with Car Bags? The covers you zip up to keep your car clean and bug free. I have a terrible mud daubers problem, they get into everything and make a mess. Once I get my car done I don’t want them to ruin it.

Bob Fisk

I stored my E-type in a Carbag for five winters in an unheated shed in which there were mice and squirrels in addition to insects. Each spring the car came out as fresh as it went in. You put the car away dry and zip it up in the carbag with bags of desiccant, which you regenerate every year by drying it out in an oven. The bag is airtight so no smells escape that might attract pests to chew through. A good investment.

1 Like

+1 on carbags, but I like the inflatable ones better: there’s nothing to touch the car.

The Carbag does require covering the car with a standard cover before zipping it up. I never experienced any paint scuffing.

In the shop, I just use two car covers…of Evolution and NOAH fabric. Light detail with several micro-fiber towells, , always using a clean surface, and Meguiars detail and it is perfectly clean in a few minutes. By the way…don’t pay retail…look on web , the factories sell seconds at half price…the cover can be for any car that has dimensions similar or a little larger…who cares if it has rear view mirror ears. Nick

In the shop I keep a single car cover on each during short term storage, but they don’t emerge perfectly clean, and won’t keep out #$@&*- mud daubers. The Carbag’s ideal for long term storage. It would be a lot of work if you’re using it on a continuous basis. Where you’re using it intermittently then the inflatable units may be the way to go.