Kenlowe fan wiring

Hi all are there any electrical gurus who can help me,I have a single electric fan with two wire one is earth the other is blue,the controller has two relays but I need only one, I also need a override switch,I have put the yellow to a fuse the green to the switch ,the red from the controller to the battery then from another fuse I’ve run the red to the switch ,when I attach the blue wire from the fan to the green the override switch works without the ignition on,but I don’t know where the blue and orange wire from the controller go,if anyone could help me I would be very grateful .
Regards
Nick

The control box is set up to control two 2-speed fans. Since it sounds like you only have one single-speed fan, you only need one red wire and one orange wire. You will not use either blue wire.

You need one of each of these:

Grey - (See revision next post) Control circuit ground through the high temp sensor. Your sensor contacts should close on rising to high temperature, completing the circuit and turning on the fan.
Yellow - 12V+ power to the controller circuit board. If you want the fan to run on high temp after the engine is turned off, don’t use a keyed circuit.
Orange - 12V+ out to the fan (this will be heavy gauge wire)
Black - Ground for the control box
Green - 12V+ supplied from a manual override switch
Red - 12V+ main power for fan, from battery (this will be heavy gauge wire)
Blue - not used

NOT SHOWN - ground wire from fan to chassis.

Let me revise this a bit. It appears from the instructions that the sensor is not of the grounding type, as you would expect on a factory or OEM style sensor. This means that the gray wire is probably actually two thermocouple wires in one jacket, with the two wires soldered together in the tip of the sensor providing a voltage proportional to the temperature of the junction. This makes a lot of sense if you are selling multi speed or multi fan controllers where you want different things to happen at different temperature. For only one fan and temperature you could do all of this with an inexpensive thermo switch and relay.

Mike many thanks for getting back to me, hope I can ask a few questions, I’ve put the yellow to a fuse in the box, not sure what a keyed circuit is ,I think it’s something to do with the ignition?
I will attach the Orange wire to the fan.
The green wire is from the controller to a switch (push pull )
The red from the fan controller to the battery.
Now this is maybe where I’ve gone wrong ,the other terminal on the switch I’ve put a red cable to the fuse box ,on another fuse ,not the same fuse as the yellow wire.
Hope this makes sense.
Nick

Mike the grey wire (twin small gauge wire) has a probe on the end which goes in between the radiator fins this must send a signal to the temp setting gauge which you can adjust to come on at a certain temp .
Do u think its not possible to use the controller and best buy the relay a thermo switch
Nick

First, it goes without saying that your box is designed for cars with a negative ground electrical system. If your car is still positive ground, that controller will probably not work.

Yes, it provides 12 volt power when the ignition key is in the run position.

One side of that push-pull switch connects to a keyed +12 volt source as the yellow wire, the other side connects to the green wire. [quote=“Nicktr5, post:4, topic:353600”]
the other terminal on the switch I’ve put a red cable to the fuse box ,on another fuse ,not the same fuse as the yellow wire.
[/quote]

It can be the same existing fuse, a different existing fuse or an altogether new fuse, so long as it provides +12 volts to the switch. Note that the fuses have to have adequate capacity to accommodate their original load plus the additional load of the new control box. Generally, you are better off installing a new circuit with it’s own fuse, not adding load onto an existing fuse. For one thing, the original wire may not be heavy enough to carry the additional current. You would normally design the electrical circuit so that the fuse was of much lower capacity than the wire, but after 60 years, you never know what might be modified.

Yes Mike neg earth with alternator.
Nick