Kudos to SNG Barratt

So I had to order a driver side floor pan from another vendor. One of the usual suspects got shafted by their distributor by sending them a floor pan for a S1/S2 rather than for an S3. They are not compatible. A correct replacement was going to take 2 to 3 months so I ordered from SNG.
I received the correct floor pan today which is good.
BUT… It was wrapped in some perhaps 3/16" foam. It is very similar to the foam that lines the inner sill panel under the vinyl. I showed my wife and explained where it could be used and she was in agreement that it is an almost exact match in thickness and density.
I am not sure why they wrapped it like that as bubble wrap would have likely been cheaper, but they saved me some $$$$$s.
Had to pass along what I see as a win.

1 Like

SNG has been my supplier of choice for many years starting back when I received parts from another supplier that came in SNG wrapping plus a ‘surcharge’. Will and Tony have been supportive of the Oil Leaks as well. NaYYY
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

Came a time, I refused to buy from any other supplier, regardless of cost.

“Flight critical parts” I always order from SNG for what it’s worth. Still have had some minor issues but much better than the alternative sources.

1 Like

I still have another preferred vendor that has always taken care of me. This was just a “Great” moment.
We are truly lucky to have multiple outlets to keep these creatures on the road and rolling.

Will and Tony at SNG are always my go to guys as well. They know I like things shipped USPS and have told me when I am missing something critical. Will recently got me fixed up when I was missing the correct copper washers from a previous order and no shipping charge. I have not had to use their services on the Oil Leaks yet, but there will come a day.

–Drew

1 Like

Back in my Mini days, I stopped buying from Mini Mania when they did this to me…parts with a Moss Motors label on them for nearly double the price.

There’s a story that Henry Ford insisted that his radiator supplier send him the radiators for the Model T boxed in a very specific size and shape wooden box. When it arrived, the radiator would be taken out of the box and installed in the car – and the box would be broken down and used to make the floorboards!

1 Like

And being gentlemen, BarrAtt’s staff won’t even mention the typo. :slight_smile:

Peter Crispin (not)

1 Like

Barratt has proper big end rod bolts and nuts, WITH the proper chamfer under the head.

I just received a drop-dead gorgeous grill for my 120 from them.

1 Like

Going on a wall, for inspiration? :grimacing:

Well, let me think abou…NO.

The JC Whitney grill is though. I’m building quite the collection.

2 Likes

Need a Rover longboat? :wink:

I have an extra you can have!

1 Like

Nice. Is that brass or steel?

Non-magnetic, I’ll assume brass.