Late XK120 stuck brakes

Yes, sorry, your shield is backwards and that U bracket doesn’t belong.
XK120%20brake%20master%20cylinder%20002

not sure the shield shown on sinle…will clear the tandem…but OK…will do some checks…wonder what the U metal was for???

Maybe I should have said your shield is on upside down. I see a notch in the metal where it should bend and then clear the downpipe.
The only difference is the bolt spacing on single vs tandem.

Can’t imagine what that channel could have been for.
Your chassis number should be stamped under there, so be gentle and careful removing it. Might be able to get to it by removing the lower valence panel.

I am surprised there hasn’t been further info on the subject of the location of the Stop Light Switch on RHD and LHD cars.
terry

thanks Rob…the chassis number is forward of the U…so quite visible…tho thin. Since I still have a flat spot on the top of my head from my head on the steering column for hours, while I leaned in to install the M/C and shield…it will be easy for me to balance that way upside down the next time., N

Stop light switch on top of LHD 120 Aug 1953. Looks original

Best regards

Thomas

image001.jpg

Beside the the main valves to the reservoir which should be assembled/disassembled under pushed operation, there are bleeding valves to the front/back lines. These could be assembled 180° off. That was the problem on mine some years ago not releasing the pressure, staying firm and were turnable again after cooled down.

Best regards

Thomas