Leaf Spring replacement XK150

Hi I’m about to try and change the leaf springs C14476 on my XK150 FHC SE. The back ends sagging and every now and then hits the stops! My dilemma is where to source the Springs. SNG say they sold over 100 last year with no complaints dimensions to Jag spec and from UK supplier at £162.14 and Coventry Autos say theirs are of course the best at £621.44 and there are a few in between. Any advise will be gratefully received. Cheers. Rod

On my 140 I noticed that two leafs on the rear passenger side were broken. A friend had a 140 frame and gave me the complete leaf set for both sides. When I drove the car hard I experienced a definite roll in the corners. I took a set to a shop that makes springs and had a set of extra stiff springs made to original dimensions. That took care of the roll and did not seem to make much of a difference in the ride. She now corners flat at speed on the track (and the road) at speed. See if you can locate a spring shop near you.

Hi Steven, I did wonder if the old ones could be reshaped. But I live in South Devon I can’t see any Spring workshops near me.

Hi Rod…have a read through this thread iv given some details on spring manufacturers 140 rear spring shackles iv recently fitted BCC rear springs…cant say yet how they perform car is still being refurbed…Steve

Hi Steve thanks for reply. I made an attempt at getting my old springs off this afternoon. Methinks it’ll take a while. More time for research.
Cheers Rod

Hi Rod… a bit more on fitting my springs…more on the forum if you search…or just ask…Steve Fitting Rear Springs

Thanks Steve, that is going to be very handy :slight_smile:

I have the SNGBarratt leaf springs on both my XK140 and XK150.
The are fine, no problem with them. Good quality if you ask me.

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. Man it’s such a minefield, I do believe we tend to write a bad review if we’re disappointed, but don’t get round to writing so many good reviews if everything is ok. Glad your pleased with your springs. Did you fit the springs using their kit etc. did they go on ok and is the back end sitting at the right height? How long have you had them on, have they sagged. Sorry lots of questions.
Cheers Rod.

I just got the 2 springs, they come with new installed bushes.
Do not know anything about a kit.
After a while they settle nicely.
I have them since 2007 on my XK150, no sagging seen.
On my XK140 since 2015 still fine also.

Peter, glad to hear everything went well for you. Well I guess first thing I have to do is get the old ones off. Thanks for info. Rod

Only problem is in trying to get reccomendations for suppliers springs etc is are they still supplying the same item from the same manufacturer…just becaus Peter,s are ok from 17 and 7 years ago you would need to check if the items are the same…Steve

Most of the spring shops now do that service for trucks. Check with a trucking company to see who they use.

I’m with Peter.
Bought a pair for my XK150 from SNGBarratt and they have been absolutely fine.
Before fitting I dismantled them, greased each leaf and once reassembled wrapped them with Denso Tape.
That was about 4 years ago and the car is sitting well.
Phil

Thanks for input Phil. Cheers Rod