Leather Seats needed for XJS 1996

Leather seats needed for XJS 1996

L-seat offers the most affordable solution

1 Like

Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for, but I still have my pair of front seat “recovers” for a '95-'96 XJS in Warm Charcoal (trim code LEG) color. I bought them on Ebay for about $500 a few years ago from a co. that makes top-of-the-line recover kits, but never installed them in my Supercat ('95 4.0 coupe) b/c she got totaled in an accident before I could. :sob: I’d take $300 for them now …

Based on your picture joseph.longo, I’m going to assume you are looking for the coffee, or cream interior.

I have installed the Lseat skins, which work well. I’ve had them in my daily driver for about six months now. I have no regrets. I even had them emboss the jaguar logo like the OEM seats, and they did a perfect job. I also had them do diamond stitching in the center area. It came out perfect.

For the price, I am waiting for something to go wrong with them, but the color was a great match for my coffee (SDC) interior. I did need to refoam my bottom seats, just the left and right bolsters, which wasn’t hard to do, but did take some time. I bought the foam at a foam store. I basically got the most dense foam they had for seats and trimmed them down to shape using an electric knife.

Hi Dallas,

Thanks but I’m looking at the tan seats.

Thanks Veekay,

That is what I’m looking for. I inquired about the seats with a local auto mat place but they could not emboss the leaper into the new skins. They could cut it out and stich it in, but that did not sit well with me.
My seats are not ripped, its just very cracked and scaly, and it 90 % driver seat that needs the attention.

What is the cost to replace the skins?

I did it myself. It would cost you the price of a set of hogring pliers and some hogrings.

You could also refoam the side bolsters on the seat. The metal bar was digging into my thigh on long drives. I also upgraded the heater. The rubber diaphragm on the drivers side was shot. I was able to reuse the passengers side. It looked good enough.

It took me about a day per seat.

1 Like

Reminds me of that damn parking brake handle on the non-XJS Jags of the era, designed to jab into the outside of your right thigh (unless you are “petite” in stature) :angry: . That is one of the main reasons I prefer to drive my XJS, even though it may be less “roomy” than the saloons (e.g. XJ40, X-300) … I got so pizzed off at one point I actually paid an upholstery shop to pull the seats out of my XJ40 and relocate the parking brake handle to the passenger side of the trans tunnel. It was actually pretty simple, since the trans tunnel has blanking plates on both sides, depending on whether the car will be LHD or RHD at the factory. The shop just knocked the blanking plate out of the passenger side (after peeling back the carpeting, of course), and using a used handle assembly from a RHD car that I got through a breaker in the U.K., installed that one, tossing the original side lever assembly. The control cable attached to the replacement as it did the original (I think the parking brake assembly is on the same wheel on both the LHDs and RHDs ?). :triumph:

I got Lseats but be very very careful quoting the model and year. Make sure the year and model is quoted as they have quite a few variations. Quality is ok for price and I got the leaping cat and Jaguar embroidered and they look good. I’ve got a 1992 XJS Facelift. I got prelift front seats…all wrong so really spell it out for those guys or suffer the consequences.
BIG question…how do I pull out the headrests on my 1992 XJS?
Thanks!

Have a look at Lseats out of Texas. Make sure you quote model and year 10 times…

Wow, I wonder how they were able to do that w/o being “licensed” for it, given how diligently Jaguar (Tata Motors) polices its logos online, looking for unauthorized vendors. :policeman:

Thanks. My successful request to Lseats for the logo and name being embroidered on the leathers was probably a one off, Lseats work to the customers’ needs and do not do this is as standard.
I don’t think Jaguar Land Rover will be tracking me down with any court orders!

I decided to install some decorative plaques on my cam covers, and went to a local trophy shop to get them made. Here’s what I learned: Jaguar has several logos and trademarks copyrighted for different reasons. Some you’re not permitted to use at all, you’ll get sued. Others you can use, they are basically available for public use, the reason they are trademarked is so they can take action against people misusing them. One of the latter type logos is the leaping cat, which the trophy shop had on file and hence could freely use. Here’s the resulting cam cover:

lccdecor

1 Like

I ordered from Lseat. I wanted the Jaguar logo embossed into the headrest. I also wanted diamond stitching in the center section of the seats.

When I got my order the first time, they botched it and didn’t do the diamond stitching. They also messed up the color of the piping, which wasn’t what I asked for. (I forgot the color I ordered, but it was closer to white, and what I got was a bluish gray) They took it back, but I did have to wait another few weeks for the right configuration.

I was happy with what I got the second time. Again, for the price, worth it.

Well, just FYI, if they “had it on file” still doesn’t = free to use it, necessarily. :shushing_face: One thing I’m curious about, as I don’t see them for sale anymore on Ebay, is that very cool device someone came up with and was selling that you could attach to your courtesy door light system so that when the door opens instead of just plain white light shooting down onto the ground next to the car from the OEM light assembly it instead bears the “Jaguar” name and, IIRC, the leaper logo. :+1: :cool: I say “I’m curious” b/c I wonder if Jag shut them down b/c for violating Jaguar’s trademark in same. ? :confused: