LED dash lights

Tried that, the plastic sands down easily but there was no change in the light pattern

1 Like

Thanks Jim that’s a great help. Anything should be an improvement. Things are so dim now I can barely see the instruments at night.

1 Like

BTW, have you cleaned the inside of the lenses? I get the impression that you haven’t opened the cases.

Is that for me or Art?

You mean the colored bubbles? They weren’t dirty, in my first post you can see what they looked like. Interestingly the blue one is more clouded, like there was more crosslinking of the plastic. The green is still fairly transparent. Now look at my post from 8 days ago, where I put up two photos. In the second one, the tach with blue filter and directional LED looks great, only problem it’s the wrong color. My guess is the more degraded blue plastic scattered the light better than the transparent green filter.

I should have my dash back together by tomorrow or the next day, I’ll post a photo of the whole thing lit up. The recovered panels are looking pretty good to imo.

I think that was directed at Art. Not the colored bubbles…the glass lens.

1 Like

Michael, is it really a lens?? I think not. :wink::face_with_monocle::joy:

If this is for me, no I didn’t clean the lens but they don’t look dirty. None of the interior lights are very bright. I seldom drive it at night so it’s not a real issue but I would like to know that if I want to drive it I can see things. If I take the bulb holder out they are bright so I don’t have a ground issue.

I promised a photo when I got everything back together but I will have to renege on that. The dash now looks good illuminated but a photo doesn’t show that. Not as nice as David’s but I can read the gauges now.

But I can post a photo of the Map/Door switch light which is now working and the Choke Warning Light which was missing. When I bought my car the PO had wired in a fuel pump kill switch where the choke light was. I was unaware of the choke light so I covered it up. This recover of the dash panels exercise gave me the opportunity to correct that. So why is is so satisfying to get lights to work?

Looking good! Hopefully, I can get all my lights working.

1 Like