Left Rear Module Light

Greeting. from a ‘Newbe’:
Not new to Jaguars(XKE several and a 3.8) Now have a 1994 V 12 .

Confused as to proper category… XJ 12, XJ40 or XJ 12.

Now hunting for a Left Rear Light Module " or " guidance for repair.
Cordially

Hi and welcome, what problem are you experiencing? BTW rear modules can be transposed side to side to see if the problem travels with the module

Hi Fletch … Great to see a new member !

This should tell you everything you’d like to know about the different categories of the XJ40. Just click on the blue Jaguar XJ (XJ40).

Robin: Thanks so much for your reply. LRM blows 7.5 fuse… Side lights operate without amp draw, as soon as multiplug connected fuse blows. Opened up module and could not see any burned or distorted items.
My knowledge of such things is limited.
Added to a host of errors… The UPS store mixed package sent to AES without address and currently Left module is LOST.
I did not want to trade Right module for left in the event a deeper problem occurs.
Thankful for every ones time.
Regards,

Grooveman:
THANKS for the info…

A note of thanks to You and Robin etal.
A past rear light module issue really turned into a MAJOR MELTDOWN of the attendant wire loom running down the interior driver side channel. Seems that a fire had occurred under chassis and melted the loom in a section.
I sure hope this is the last electrical issue THIS MONTH…
For those who have not read Mr.Palms book on the V 12, a suggestion to spend some time reviewing said book.
I removed rotor and insulated rotor base from distributor shaft, thus preventing a rotor no fire on one bank pouring fuel into cats( ie FIRE)
Glad I found the forum.
Regards,
Fletch