Lets build a 1967 e type together

Ciao Bello.
GTJOEY1314

The screw in LEDs have been around quite a while, at least since 2007:

https://jag-lovers.com/t/e-type-leds-again/85705/13

iTS THE DRAW THAT I LIKE THE BEST AND NOW IF YOU WANT THE BLUE OR GREEN THEY DO MAKE COLOR RINGS FOR THAT GLOW COLOR.
I’m BLIND AT NIGHT I NEED LIGHT.
Ooops caps sorry.
gtjoey1314

probably sat for years. I don’t believe it was a tie rod issue but rather using the rack mounts to keep the torsion bars in place.

Hi,

Probably still better than 8AM on a Monday. :wink:

3 Likes

j_, Having owned an E type for 52 years, I want to add 3 more:
Jag Lovers
Cell phones
Lots of roll back car haulers
Money to pay for it all

1 Like

Sorry been away
The carbs went to Curto as many other parts have come in!

My little Easter basket😀

Hmm, brass damper tops. I think they were only used on early cars. It looks like your little number tags are still present. Do they correspond to the 4.2 range listed here? Maybe only the dampers were changed.

http://sucarb.co.uk/cf/vehicle/list/?manufacturer=Jaguar+1946+onwards&vehicle=E+Type

Not an e owner but have used Joe Curto to rebuild my carbs on the TR6. I sent mine in the in season so my wait was not very long! I used Joe because I needed the throttle shaft brought back into spec. I was sucking too much air through the sides.

Bolted them up and spun it over. Car purred like a tomcat in a creamery. Only had to make very fine adjustments to idle and balance carbs.

I’m enjoying this thread Joey. In my house we have deep pockets but short arms. Your arms must be longer than mine!!

Gordon

2 Likes

Same here. My little project would be much quicker if my long arms had something to reach when they got to the bottom of my rags!

1 Like

I guess we should never again fork out for that snobby, hipster covfefe!

:grimacing:

Here is the original fuel gage with the green filter from the factory with a led bulb then a regularbulb
Next was the new repro which is excellent!
Without the filter with a standard bulb then the led bulb
You judge!
I love the last!

Choke light and dash light included in the kit
They toned them down so they don’t glare and look natural
I could hold the bulb all day and it won’t get hot in my hand
Say good bye to melted choke light housings
Gtjoey13-4
Anyone run led head lights?

I just read the other responses…Thank you!
Im have lots of fun as well and yes all my kids are out, I don’t know what to do with the money!
Enjoy
GTJOEY1314

I could offer suggestions. You want a list of charities? :sunglasses:

Have you looked at the Coventry Foundation?

1 Like

If you go to GTJOEY.COM you see what we do with most of the tv and book sales, most go to homeless vets on Long Island.
We feed about 800 people during the holiday season and have two shelters on the island, but we travel all over the boroughs.
I know your playing but once the kids are out, it never ends, but at least you get to breathe :slight_smile:
gtjoey1314

4 Likes

Both very worthy causes. That gets you two thumbs up.

Yes, of course, I was joking with you.

1 Like

Hi,

Oh, I have long skinny arms and empty pockets (or just a lot of keys in my pockets) but I sometimes wish I would have a couple of extra joints in my arms. Especially when I have my arms inside a Jaguar dash or transmission tunnel! :smiley:

Cheers!

Hi Joey,

I am used to the second, but I guess I am a purist.

And this reminded me of a song: (sung by a long time NJ resident)

“She’s a bright and blazing star
But I just must be sensitive to light, yeah”

Cheers! (Rainbow: Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll: Sensitive to Light)

1 Like

All in fun…….now that I installed HEAT in the barn, REAL heat and A/C with one of those huge ductless units, Ellie and I will replace the rear hatch seal, I found 3m in black not yellow at the hardware store and all the pieces from SNG seem to be right so,Thats next.
I await the ammeter and water gages from the UK.
Once they come the dash center is complete, Im trying the led map light later , they calmed the lights down to a warm pitch if its to stark I keep the old bulb but I think it will llook right.
Even though I like upgrades, I HATE WHEN SOMETHING DRAWS YOUR EYE AWAY from a non original part or piece.
I like to make it flow.
2 years ago I never used the reverse light led because it looked goofy when on , it was 10 time brighter but looked goofy.
So I am watching what Im doing for asthetics.
This is fun though as people are getting involved its good hearing everyone opinion .
Enjoy
GTJOEY1314