Lets build a 1967 e type together

These new duclkless units are the best
Keeps everything nice and toasty

why no insulation on those walls? seems to me a losing battle to try and condition that sort of space if you don’t insulate. a little insulation, some drywall… brighten that place right up

You must understand
It’s an old horse barn
To keep
My taxes below 100 grand!
It has to be a cetain look
Ahhhh when Cortez is president it will all be taken away…

1 Like

Well, some say you have to pay to play.

Hernan Cortez died 472 years ago. Is he going to rise from the dead and run for office in the United States?

2 Likes

Oh I’m playing alright…
Now back to the good life!
SNG says they are working on a LED HEADLIGHT that looks like a NORMAL headlight bulb.
If this is true it can be great!
Its a plug and play will draw 97 percent less energy then a standard bulb.
Ive seen the new led headlights but they look ALL wrong on an old car.
IMHO.
So we shall see…

thats a heck of a horse barn… the ones I grew up around didnt look that nice… prolly had a different smell than yours too.

hey those tanks are a real pita… well mine was on my 68…Art.

Nor did the “horses” look that pretty

The antenna came
It looks great and will never be up but it fills the hole and isn’t bent like the one on the car

I’ve always considered aerial up the better aesthetic. Otherwise looks like a zit. Or maybe a blackhead. Unattractive in any event. Why some enthusiasts delete the aerial entirely.

1 Like

I agree but there was an after market antenna
That was kinked and only went down half way
Remember I have blue tooth and iPhone through the radio so an arena is moot
Tomorrow I show the led light for the map and interior I think we will like it!
Gtjoey1314

So I just read to make it simple, what is the usage difference from a standard bulb to an led goes like this.
A standard 60 watt bulbs uses 60 watts.
The same light by an led , you take the 60 watts divided by 4.
So 60 divided by 4 is 15 or 15 watts.
Lets take our dash bulbs They are 5 watts per bulb for the most part.
Divded by 4is 1.25 equivalent watts.
Huge savings and draw.
I like it.
gtjoey1314

My ‘69 was missing the aerial so you tell me if this antenna hole is original? Did all ‘69’s have them? What kind of crude hole is below the antenna hole at the door jam. Doesn’t look factory

Steve the hole up top looks original BUT , did you have a POWER ANTENNA?
The one underneath looks to be a drain hole for the tube on an electric antenna so the water can drain out .
Does that make sense to you?
My 70 had a rear quartermount hole and was fitted with an XJ6 antenna back in the day, they all had bottom drains if water went down the shaft. My tube drained to the spare tire carrier hole.
That’s what yours looks like to me…could be a hack job as well for old cb antenna ,or the rubber grommet to hold the antenna wire but it would have to bump into the door?
GTJOEY1314

What a pleasure working on a virgin 72,000 mile car!
Look how the original rubber gasket was so dried out but how clean it is in the track!
If this were a New York car it would be bondo all over
The rubber from sng was spot on and the 3m glue in black was so easy to work with
Look at the last picture as you know the rubber is correct and not pushing up the hatch
The body Iine is jaguar perfect!
Great job!
Gtjoey1314

1 Like

Job number two for the nite
The lettering like most were just laid in with no retaining cups
One water gets in and two they were Loose and rattle or fall off
All done with new retainers
I had to file but it’s close enough for now till s new paint job in five years
Hope you like as this is a bitch little job

Joey did you do this by yourself or did you have a helper ? I think my car might be similar condition to yours being a virgin no rust 60,000 mile car. I have this job in my future since the rubber is dried out and have been contemplating doing it myself and wonder how frustrating it might be without a helper.

David
68 E-type FHC

By myself
It’s called quiet time!

Like this abortion
When I put the key on the fan would come on
Patching a problem
When I took out the lower dash ooopsie this switch drops down
I get it but the rad/relay and all the rest are going!
A Hayden relay under the bonnet is the way to go with a inline fuse!
The rubber is easy my friend do one half at a time
Pull up the rubber then clean the track
I brushed the 3m in the channel then placed the rubber
It works great
I recommend the sng rubber kit it was perfect with a touch extra to trim!
Gtjoey1314

It’s simple really😳

It’s nice to hear of weatherstripping that actually fits…that’s a rarity these days, regardless of make/model…MG, Ford, Jag.

One trick I’ve heard for door seals that are too bulky is to drape them over something, and hang a weight from from them, so they stretch (and thin) out. Most people just install them in the misguided hope that they will collapse a bit once the doors are slammed closed, but that rarely works out.

The guy who told me about the stretching trick said he ended up cutting something like 5-6” of excess material off his door seals once they were stretched, and he had a achieved a really nice fit.

4 Likes