Lets build a 1967 e type together

Our cars are close. I have 1E33801.

–Drew

It would be interesting to see the colors broken down by year.

I have a hunch that of those 2473 cars painted Primrose, half of them were built over something like an 18 month period.

I wonder who has Peter Egan’s 67 E-Type these days. It is 1E33738.

–Drew

1 Like

I’ll ask him…:wink:

The numbers I quoted from Clausager are for the 4.2 liter cars only covering 1965 through 1968. Pale Primrose was introduced in July 1963 and graced 169 3.8 cars. It was the most popular color on the Series II with 2379 units and it saw use on 1511 Series III cars.

Details
Bolts and banjos all wire wheeled as originals are far better than repro
The bootfloor is waxed, batting back in and waiting on the tank
Just a wonderful solid original car
Ps wix makes the fuel filter for 3 dollars
Enjoy!

1 Like

I agree. Wire wheeling the old parts is well worth it. And strangely fun…

1 Like

… until you lose grip and it shoots across the garage and never to be seen again :frowning:

1 Like

I thought that was supposed to be part of the fun…

1 Like

I WEAR SAFETY GLASSES NOWADAYS………:wink:
Man my fingers do swell up the next morning though the pieces look excellent.
A little hi temp clear grease on the threads with stainless washers and lock washers and all will be good.
Yes Ive lost a screw or two, you never do find them do you…
GTJOEY1314

Put a big box behind the whatever is spinning the wheel to act as catcher.

Teaspoon of Carlson’s Fish oil before bed, no aching hands.

The stuff will promptly rust again unless you either plate it, blacked it, or apply something like ACF50

A note about the WIX filter…the gasket included in the box is slightly smaller than the original Jaguar part and can allow unfiltered fuel to bypass the filter element. Use a properly sized Jaguar rubber seal from one of the usuals.

I bough a box of 20 that the parts guy didn’t need anymore…
They were on the shelf only 2 months and this new batch had a bigger gasket!
I matched it to older ones.
Will post in a second.
These parts are not extinct but drying up on local shelves.
Remember Ill change them EVERY year with the mileage I do.
Good pickup 64etype…

There’s the part number and the box with the gasket that fit right
Looks pretty NO?
Gtjoey1314
P.S. That’s 5/16th fuel injection hose and non original clamps for easy service
and availability.
I added the first picture, look at the gasket on the box, when lined up with the filter it now OVERLAPS and doesn’t fall or have a gap.

Keep in mind that the E-Type bolts (and many other parts) are plated in Cadmium and if the cad is still intact you may be putting cadmium particles into the air. Cadmium is highly toxic.

–Drew

1 Like

Just curious, Joey, did you fly down to Arkansas to see the car prior to purchase, or have it inspected by a 3rd party, or buy it based on the seller’s description?

I’ve only ever bought one car without seeing it myself, but I was lucky enough to have a very trusted friend in the Dallas area that time…pure chance.

Winged it…

Had lots of pictures plus I got lucky he was honest

image1.JPG

Nice original tags

That J67 tag indicates it’s originally a California-delivery car. Do you have the vehicle history?

1 Like

Interesting, I’d never heard that.

BMC cars that came in through California in the 60’s seemed to get a little, black plastic, ‘BMC-6x’ tag screwed under the VIN plate.

I’ve never found an explanation for it, but cars delivered elsewhere never seem to have them.