Lets build a 1967 e type together

You kids are such hot rodders…
Ok I’m in on the upgrades…
Will report back when we hit that point.
Thanks guys, waiting on the rest of the info for the 5 speed.
Tonight the intake manifold and much more comes off
Thank you…
gtjoey1314
PS CLASSIC FAB exhaust has a WONDERFUL set up. Gb has it on his car but I want the setup without the header. There exhaust work is jewelry.

Nope, not me. Many “upgrades” are a blatant waste of money and effort, IMHO. The better engine mounts don’t fall into that category.

1 Like

That’s what I wanted to hear…shall we move onto the throttle cable set up :slight_smile:

Any chance of a part number for the industrial ones?

Sng/Welsh /xks all have them around 40 dollars each but the good point of the metal caver also shields the heat and oil

If they ever leaked
That was a joke haaaaaa
Gtjoey

I

Here’s the game plan
1 12x2 plank at Home Depot
Cut to with of opening on ramp which was 37 inches so I went 36 3/4 lay in the gap like an old pit wood floor
I made a third piece at 40 if I had to over lay for more strength which will never be needed
I like safety …next was a 1x2 cut to 12 inches to jack from picture frame as last resort
This way as the car gets lifted my support jacks are under the frame and lift the car even with the ramps
This way I can take out the reaction plate the engine and trans aaaand all the suspension at once!
Sounds good we shall see
Each board is rated to hold a house so the 600 lbs should be fine!
Wish me luck
Will take more pics over the weekend hopefully it will be out by then
remember I’m putting the jack stands under the lower arms as per book others on side rails Ann more up front as safety besides cement blocks under the bulk head
Safety first pics to follow
Gtjoey1314

1 Like

Ill see if I can find it for ya.

That would be great. Thanks.

Let’s rebuild the heater box assembly
I’m keeping the original as the quality is so much better and this car is so dry it’s a wonderful patina piece I’m not going to repainted but clean up and refresh.
The pictures show there are not many parts to the puzzle
All the screws ,nuts and washers will be stainless
So they won’t rust and give it a neat patina look.

1. There are 4 bolts on the firewall, two on the front lower frame bracket
  2. Loosen the knurl screw for the heat valve and air flap cables there are one of each on both sides
  3. Take both J shape hoses off , hopefully with the radiator drained
  4. The box now pulls right out
    5 on the bench take the lever handle and spring off, you can’t screw it up there is a flat spot on the shaft
    6 once the arm is removed take 5 side screws out pull off the side cover then slide out the core
    7 flip box take the 4 screws off on the bower motor , it should drop enough to get to the lock screw on the shaft for the wheel, if not the top screen will have to come off the get to it.
    Will report back tonite if all the parts come
    Gtjoey1314

Hi Joey
Don’t forget to take the motor apart and oil the shaft ends , soak that foam area with 3 in 1 oil.
You don’t want to after assembly find out the motor is squeaking.

Benny

Benny mine was seized , california car it was locked because heat was never used
Getting the new one with the pm motor
All magnets used 85 percent less draw!
That motor from sng
Takes all the guess work out
Gtjoey1314

Just a neat old shock picture
I’m putting these on the wall!
Gtjoey1314

For the purist!
I didn’t want you too think we just buy and replace…so with the heater box it’s done
Stainless screws updated insulation kit with a new core, blower motor and wheel and it’s complete
So enjoy the chips and surface rust underneath atscall brand new!

More on the box

I painted the old screen as well looks real good

1 Like

Looks appropriate for a good driver. The improved design of the squirrel cage, alone, should make a marked improvement.

Nicely done. Did the directional squirrel cage come with the new motor or did you need to order separately?

I just told him I needed everything

But he said it’s a package because it’s their motor and wheel

Before you put all that back together cold you post the diameter and height of the wheel?

Yes you could order the wheel separate , John I put it together already…Im talking to them every day , Ill get the number today or you can ask for will at sng he will give it to you…
Ive got XK’S on parts, Welsh on parts, Its all good…
No one called back on the t5 though.
GTJOEY1314

Im waiting on the helper spring for the side to finish it off
gtjoey1314