Licence plate, need some ideas

The TC Special has WINDBURN, the E-Type has '66 XKE, the MGA has FRESHAIR. Past MGA has A COOL A, and a hot rod had 34HOTROD.

Now the 120 will need a plate, 8 characters… I’m drawing a blank. Anyone have anything fancy? Are there any slang or nic-names for the XKs?

120 CAT
120XKCAT
XK JAG
PURRRR
EXKAY120

Does your state allow year of manufacture plates on classic cars? You obviously can’t have a personalized plate but I like having them on my cars because it is “period correct” and they look better than a modern one.

1 Like

Have you started pricing out your missing bits yet?

What about

MONEY PIT

:sunglasses:

1 Like

" ILVGTJOEY"
:grinning:

1 Like

Yea, I considered LE MANS but it’ll seem like the car’s name or model. It’d have to be WONLEMAN, 8 char.

How about
EXKAY120
BRIT-CAR
120RDSTR
XK CLUB
TOOMUCH$

We’re allowed punctuation too, each takes a 1/2 or whole space though.

I had a list of 15 before I came up with WINDBURN for the TC. One of our club members has the club’s initials: BCCWNC.

NO. My wife has only a passing acquaintance with the costs of these toys. No need to open that box any further.

2 Likes

Yes, a consideration. I’ll have to see if a UK plate will be legal. THAT would be cool as these can be made to order.

Sorry already taken!

1 Like

PURR FECT :smiley_cat:

1 Like

HIS JAG is what I am putting on my 150

1 Like

Go to a swap meet and get yourself a pair of Year Of Manufacture license plates.
Glue magnets to the backside of each plate.

Then, you can temporarily stick them over top of your ‘real’ plates whenever you want to.

I chose to not sand down and repaint these 1956 license plates, so they retain their well used ‘patina’.
When you go for a drive, try to remember to remove the old plates first. I forgot twice, and one time they fell off, making a scratching sound as they slid down the street.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea.

How about cop bait such as 132mph

1 Like

SCAT CAT or CAT SCAT depending on your sense of humor.

How about XKCXX…

4 Likes

…gots my vote!!!

I love it.

…20

2 Likes

Blatantly stealing this for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. (Just kidding, not kidding)

3 Likes

JAG U R

probably better off with something hard to remember in case of a needed getaway. I find it best to go as unnoticed and hard to remember as possible.

2 Likes

I tried to answer this before but text was not long enough. My plate reads 59XK150

1 Like