License plates. Anybody got a good one?

My MGAs have ‘A COOL A’ and ‘FRESHAIR’ on them, and my '34 Ford hot rod had ‘34HOTROD’… go figure.

Some of the fellas in the local antique car club have some pretty good plates on their cars.

I’ve got a list of likely candidates, anyone have something really clever on their butt?

Not real clever, but appropriate…
66E-TYPE

Stu
66FHC
1E33010

In Texas I had a 68 Fiat 124 Spider that had a personalized license plate that read 68 Fiat. I was surprised it was available.

Here you can’t personalize an antique auto plate.

If I was going to buy a personalized plate today I think I’d request BYTEME.

In Australia we have what we call a “ute”. Traditionally the ride of country boys who like Bundaberg rum (filthy rotgut) I saw one once with a personalised plate “RUMPIG”.

2 Likes

Mine is JAGRLET… kinda obvious

TWEETY, for the funny exhaust whistle it had.

I’ve applied for ANALOG for the jag and DIGITAL for the BMW. Crickets so far.

No letters here in Switzerland, other than two to identify the canton. I keep checking to see if “ZH 196838” is available.

4 digit plates are rare, and expensive.

1 Like

I have F1 11 XAF , on a retention certificate :flight_departure:

I have New South Wales plate XKE-062. In red on white. And XJ6-172 also red on white, as well. Paul

no comment needed

2 Likes

I saw a great one when I was stationed in Germany in the '70’s. In Germany, the first one or two letters signify the municipality in which the car is registered: M=Munchen , N=Nurnberg, etc. One of the suburbs of Nurnberg is Furth which has FU as the first two letters. I wish that I’d had my camera with me (no cell phones or cell phone cameras then) when I saw a car displaying FU-CK69. No lie.:astonished:

2 Likes

I have a 1969 xj6 tried to get 69 KITTY I thought that was quite nice New York State didn’t think so rejected

We had XKEJAG in the 80’s on the plate on our 69 OTS for four years or so and HER JAG on the wife XK8 for a couple of years. A buddy of mine had EL GATO on his plate for a number of years and it is now hanging on the wall in the garage in memory of him as is the plastic sticker mounted on velcro on my license plate “My other car is a Dodge” that he put on ,unknown to me, at least 20 years ago!

3 Likes

They didn’t have 67 XKE in VA years ago, so I did 67EEEEE

To answer the perennial question "…what is that?

IT’SANE or

IT’SAJAG

7 letter limit on plates here.

I saw someone with “VROOMPA” (downshift noise I assume)

I can’t get a vanity plate because you can’t get them for “Antique” plates.

1 Like

James,

That’s just nuts.

and 20 …

1 Like

And the only other xke local, was the E I found for Per Arne who shipped it home to Sweden… “EType”

They just started vanity plates last year in Quebec.
I just received
ETYPE1 and
ETYPE2
for my 2 jags!

1 Like