Like a bad rash, rv8air is BACK!

After several years of procrastinating, losing interest and such, I’ve re-entered the world of lumps. My XJS with the LT1 is complete, and has been for a very long time,but I’ve never registered it. After years of storage, the kitty needs some paint work, detail the interior, give the leather seats some attention, and she’ll be good to go. I am considering swapping a fresh LS engine in, but I need to research that some more.

My S1 is also very close to being done… just a little upholstery work left to finish up this week.

If my 383 SBC engine gives me trouble, I would install a LS7 engine or (LS9 if it fits under
the stock hood??) and with the later model six speed automatic. Love my 200R but more gears is always
better.

Dan:

Get it out in the sunshine. charge the systems. Fire it up. Drive it…

!!!

Carl

Hi Guys! Yeah Carl, you’re right. Once I washed her off, and got her on the road, I got a recharge. The same gremlins are there, but taken one at a time, it’s not overwhelming. I’ve spoken with others about the LS install, everything up to LS3 will fit wherever my LT1 would have been. Getting into the newer than LS6 though, I think they’d be too wide at the base. They’re just huge. BTW, I’ve moved from Concord to Oakdale, so we’re not neighbors any more.

BTW, eventually, I’m going to have a spare LT1 to offer up when this is all done. It’s Jasper Engine with less than 1000 miles on it, new injectors, water pump, Howell harness, etc. So if’n you know somebody who would like a complete engine, with all accessories, and the harness, I’d be interested in selling for a fair price when the time comes.

Moving forward toward the dreaded referree, as I get everything aligned to make it happen. I spent some quality time with the leather cleaning products and got my seats looking fairly sharp, I must say. The old console cover was deteriorated due to age and forearm oils and sweat, so a new one is coming in from AAAUpholster. This it’s off to the body shop to rectify ten years of hangar rash. And then, on to the ref.

There are a number of Lucas gremlins in the electrics, but I think I can nail those down. Like when I step on the brake, the “bulb out” light comes on. and when I shut the car off, an interior bulb stays on. the temp gauge maxes out, or doesn’t work at all, and the speedo is intermittent. Now that I’m between contracts once again, I have time to take care of these things.