List of Admins?

Just wondering if there is a list published on here anywhere that shows all the current admins of J-Lers. :confused: Reason I ask, is I ran across a quote that is ostensibly from a JL admin that is found on various places on the Internet, having to do with the X-300 being supposedly the most reliable of all the Jaguar models. I didnā€™t recognize his name, though. Iā€™m thinking he was probably a former admin. :thinking:

What was the name? .

I donā€™t remember off the top of my head, but would recognize it if I saw it. I was thinking it was ā€œStephenā€, ā€œStephanā€, or ā€œStevenā€, something like that.

George Cohn was the original E-type admin and shortly thereafter also for the Pub. He turned the Pub over to Peter Crispin. Those are the only oneā€™s I recall from the past. The other lists, like XKs, XJs, etc. had their own admins, but I never was on those lists so I have no idea who they were. After the site migrated in late 2016 there were only three that Iā€™m aware of; Gunnar, Nick and Andrew.

Sounds like a quote GTJoey would/does make but he is not an admin.
What makes you believe itā€™s attributable to an Admin?

Finally found the quote again. ā€œMark Stephensonā€ (well, I was close! :laughing: ) Here is the full quote, although some periodicals only use part of it, w/o attributing it to him specifically:

ā€œWith these cars almost 20 years old now, itā€™s death by a thousand cuts rather than catastrophic failure,ā€ says Mark Stephenson, a site administrator for Jag-Lovers.com. ā€œBut mechanically, the 1995-97 Jaguar XJ6s are the most reliable cars Jaguar has ever produced. When it comes to the basic function of getting you down the road, they refuse to die.ā€

???

As far as I recall, Mark was the XK admin for many years. Mark is another valued and much missed member.

What was the point of the original question?

Aha! I stand corrected.

He was one of the good guys, for sure: we had a ball, interacting on the first Oil Leak.

Steve Sparrow! Not an admin aka Jagsongas

It was included on a list of the most reliable cars of all time. Some of the lists were ā€œtop 15ā€, whereas some were other #s. The articles pointed out that usually Jags donā€™t make that type of list (in fact, one quotes a certain ā€œcertified auto historianā€ of vintage cars who basically says you would not refer a friend to one, or some other such slight :roll_eyes:), but the ā€œXJ6ā€ (clarified to refer to the X-300 line) is a notable exception. :+1: If you Google those type of lists (e.g. Yahoo Finance, Kiplingerā€™s), youā€™ll see what I mean (and Markā€™s quote in some of them).