Location Headlamp Fuse Box 1988 XJS

Hello. Apparently during the installation of a new electric radiator fan, I have blown the fuse associated with it. I have looked in my Haynes Manual, the Book, on line and had a discussion with Jose Cuervo without finding the location. I found the two fuse boxes in the engine compartment near the overflow tank, the fuse panels in each cockpit footwell, and several fuses that are unknown. Anyone have a photograph or clear description on where this unit is located? Thanks, Russ.

'morning Russ, perhaps this will help. I also have an '88.

Thanks Dave. Since they made this model, or something akin to it for 20 years, most documentation only provides bare bones info. Thank heaven for The Book. I looked in the Hess and Eisenhardt docs, but I don’t have the original owners manual.

Check fuse # 11 in your main fuse panel also. 15A.

You might also check fuse # 11 in the main fuse panel. 15A. With the diode pack and the relay involved, this looks like it could play a part, too. Did you get the PM I sent?

Hope this helps

Interesting. Very similar if not identical to the arrangement on my 83 XJ wuzza 6. Lumper Bob Loftus shared a copy of Jaguar S57 schematic. The
best I’ve yet seen in my many years of dealing with electrickery. It has helped me and others time and again, as I’ve scanned pages fpr others in electrical
quandaries.

Sharing. The forum at it’s best.

I was a bit lucky. My car came with a new Hella relay. Courtesy the PO!!

Early on, the right outboard lamp went dark. In error, I applied my “knowledge”. Easy. Swap out the seal beam. Wrong. Not easy and the new one remained dark!!! Chased down the fuses. Messed with them and the holders, top side and under. The light came on!!!

The anomaly appears from time to time. But, now
I have a much simpler solution. Just roll the fuses in their cradles. command returns???

Carl

Russ, I have been doing some more investigating and have come up with this info. Jaguar made some changes for 1988, and the fuse positions have moved! Forget the white fuse-box! Fuse # 1 in the BLACK box near the expansion tank, fuse # 11 in the main fuse panel, and an in-line fuse very close to the “B” bank air cleaner bell mouth on the radiator support should be checked. I can send you two more Jag. publications which illustrate all this if you wish!

Thanks Dave. I recently received some very detailed technical documentation that should be a great help. As soon as the rain stops, I’ll take a look at the fuses.

I’ve sent you three PDF Files. Let me know if you get them all!