Location of the Front Lamp Control Module? 1996 XJ6, US model

I’ve got a strange issue with only one bulb of my RHF turn signal working. It isn’t the bulb, have swapped out a known good one; it is not getting any power, but only to one side of a 2 bulb lamp assembly. The result is that I have a working signal, although it’s a bit more dim than the left side, and I get a “bulb fail” warning light and double speed blinker everytime I use the right signal.

My assumption is the module, and I have a known good to swap out. I know it could possibly be a broken wire in the circuit, but that seems unlikely.

The fundamental question after all this is: where in the heck is that module located? The RHF module. I know where the rear one is (trunk, right behind battery mount)… but where are the front ones? Because they sure aren’t located anywhere easy to find (I’ve been searching around the engine compartment area)… is it inside the vehicle somewhere? Under the dash?

In the 1996 model, there should be only one Lamp Control Module and it is located in the trunk next to the fuse and relay panel. In the 1995, there were multiple Lighting Control Modules (as opposed to “Lamp” Control Module) front and aft, but in 1996, just the one in the trunk. I think it’s more likely that you have a short somewhere in the wiring or socket. Also, make sure you don’t have any other burned out bulb on that same circuit. Sometimes a bulb out at one corner can cause gremlins to creep around the system.