Lockheed servo kit

Does anyone know where I can get an overhaul kit for my Lockheed servo for a 58 xk 150,without buying to purchase a complete servo unit
None of the big suppliers seem to have parts.
Its part number GR-KL72548
GR-KL72565
and GR-KL72551 on the XK Unlimited catalogue

You will find you need three repair kits which are difficult to find and expensive. Save your original booster and put a replacement in from the usual sources. On a 150 it is hidden as you know and will provide proper brakes and at the end of the day save money.

The replacement makes a lot of sense in several ways. But I have recently found sources for the kits listed by sources in England. I don’t remember who offered them. Only that I found them by searching for it probably by something other than the standard part numbers given. No guarantee the prices are good but maybe you only need one of the kits.

art

As I said you need 3 kits–the reaction valve and the cylinder are easy to find but the bellows is not. These are the brakes right? Not sure I would want to not be sure.

Joe Curto in New York rebuilds Lockheed servos. You could check with him to see if he would sell the parts.

Mike thanks–did not know he offered that service as it is not listed. I have used Booster Dewey but the issue with the old servos is often the condition of the bellows drum interior. they are often rusted and pitted which prevents a quality rebuild.

Just had a reply from Joe Curto and he does not do any servo work any more, he suggested Apple Hydraulics 631 369 9515 in Colverton NY, and Custom Spares in Brewster NY.845 279 7300.

Hello

I got mine rebuilt (I live in the UK) and put it on at some expense last year when I did a full restoration, Inc. all brakes last year.
I was getting some brake binding, after I lifted off the brakes they kept partly on for 15 seconds – and yes, I put in a in line one way valve.
(my xk150 does not have the storage tank- it’s an early one) so after a lot of messing finding out what it could be I decided to take off my newly restored brake booster and put on a new style one - 3:1 ratio and works perfectly.
I sent the old one back to be sorted but they say that they could not find anything wrong with it – so its kept as a spare.
So, I would put a new one on, and keep the old one to be with your car….

Gezzler
I believe the consensus is to do as you say ,put the new style with 3:1 ratio for much less. My car also is early July 58,but I installed the servo tank with a few new panels which are available from Jolly Roger. Extra reserve of air is always handy.
Cheers. Morris.