Looking for bulb holders for early xk120 instrument panel

Hi,
I would like to buy set of bulb holders for early xk120 instrument panel. I know those are part of the wiring harness, but I have later version of the wiring harness.
Best regards Hannu

Are these the style you are looking for? I have 4 off they are about 12mm dia.

Hi,
unfortunately not, I’m looking is more bulky shaped with ears type holder. Did not manage to post photo due to the size limits of the photo import to this forum

Ok No problem, I might just list these on Classifieds anyway.

I think you mean this type.

Unfortunately I did not take any close-ups of those bayonet sockets when I had my dashboard out to rewire it.

Yes definitely this type.
Has anyone idea from where I could get new repro ones, if not originals available?

Hy Hannu ,
if they are part of a new wiring harness for early cars , I would ask a manufacturer for
such harness . Speedy cables maybe .
Martin

1 Like

Rightly or wrongly, the way I got around your problem was to cut the new wire to the new (incorrect) bulb holders about 10cm from the new holder.
Discard the new holder.
Then fix the cut end of the new wire with its terminal into the original bulb holder (a small additional easily obtainable flat washer was required).
Then solder the new wire back on to the new loom, carefully insulating the joint with shrink wrap tubing.

1 Like

Hello Hannu

These bulb holders are from a Mk1V

Regards Peter

I should have some from early 120 dashboards if you can’t find any new parts. I think these were used on the dashboards with the early type headlight switch. Do you not have them at all or are you looking for new ones?

Hi,
Great. On the early dash, there are four of them.
Definitely original ones preferred.
Please let me know the price and shipping cost and your preferred payment option.
Much appreciated your kind help.

Best regards Hannu

Hi,
Those seems to be identical ones.
On the xk120 early dash, there are four of them.
Please let me know the price and shipping cost and your preferred payment option.
Much appreciated your kind help.

Best regards Hannu

I have both short old wires and longer old wires. Will need shipping address to find shipping costs. Cost + “offers”. Pay Pal may work, not sure.

Art

hi,
If you could kindly send the email to hannu.o.savolainen at gmail com please.

Can an email address have dots in the name? My email bounced.