Looking for Heritage of this plaque on XX120

Hello XK’rs. A friend of mine recently purchased an unrestored XK120 OTS. Fixed to the facia panel is this plaque supposedly from a speed trial (stateside I think). It reads:
Max speed ascertained as recorded by RRAC (G?) 134.57 MPH 10-15-1954. I have searched for any reference to this club/organization and can’t find any clue. Does anyone have information where and when this group existed and any history? It will help my friend who is planning a restoration in the near future. Thank you!

In the day, that was a damned healthy 120, to attain 134 mph!

Jake,

Just a wild guess on basis of the date October 15, 1954: the Palm Beach races were held on October 16 and 17 that year and it was not uncommon that in the days before a race, speed trials were organised. Palm Beach is an airfield circuit with a straight landing strip included in the track: perfect for quarter miles and top speeds!.
So if your friends XK 120 is a Hornburg car (see Jaguar Heritage Document if available) then this might be a (small) possibility. Do you know more about the car like when it was build? I guess the plate reads RRA space followed by G, but also no clues regarding its meaning.
Bob K.

depends on the quality of the timing!

It would be very helpful to get a chassis number etc on this car.

Do you know where the car was located in 1954? Country? State? Province? City?

RRA G
Road Racing Association ???

agreed - it doesn’t move under it’s own power now.

Interesting and yes I am aware of the Palm Beach history. I went to the raceway a couple of years ago to watch some vintage Ferrari’s dice it up. I don’t know the sale point of the car and my friend is traveling. I have been searching for some possible clubs in the 50’s but to date nothing. As you say it may have been a long gone group of gentleman racers but it would be nice to know.
The answer I suspect will come from someone “who was there” back in the day and those ranks are thinning fast. As far as the last letter, I’m not sure if it is a G or a C. If it’s a C I will assume it stands for CLUB. A G - maybe GROUP.

Not too much history is known by me though I will try to find out a bit more. My friend is traveling at the moment. I will ask if he wants to release the data late info. I know the car was stashed in a sealed container in the 1980’s.

The only reference to Road Racing Association I have found is Motorcycle related. Though it is plausible
there ws such a group.